Confederated Tribes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaisyMaisy View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Very interesting...Wow, 12 tribes on the Colville Reservation? And that is where Chief Joseph and his followers ended up too. So many odd twists of history that made things end up the way they are I guess.

I guess I made another assumption - that Natives would have been glommed together and not kept their own distinct culture going. You guys seem pretty good at knowing your history and who you are (probably another generalization, sorry, but hopefully my guesses are getting more accurate!).
    I am a member of the Chief Joseph Band of Nez Perce. We have the Tribes name on out Tribal ID cards. The Colville Tribes do that for all Tribal members on their tribal IDs as well, not just the Nez Perce.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Thanks for the replies! There is so much I don't know, so I appreciate everyone sharing with me.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.