Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Grass Dancing?

Hello all!

I am a very feminine lady from treaty 3 area who is looking to start dancing. However, I would really enjoy trying men's grass dancing. I have seen switch dancing before and have been to two spirit pow wows where this is considered acceptable.

I havent really asked around or know if this would be considered "ok" in traditional pow wow settings. thoughts?

Most will not approve , once you've been "found out". There are so many beautiful dances for the females , why not pick one of those ?
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

I think if you go about things the right way, it's fine. I've heard of photos from the 1800s of women grass dancing. Perhaps seek advice from elders in your community

Comment

I've remember a teenage girl grass dancer during the 90's at the Crow Creek South Dakota powwows. She had her family and community behind her. You would are too old.
        Wanjica Infinity No One

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.