the Duck and Dive is not a chicken dance song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• kneegrow_native
    Duck and Dive
    by kneegrow_native
    I was wondering what people thought of the use of duck and dive songs.

Recently I have seen duck and dives used an awful lot for Chicken Dance. I thought that the chicken dance paid homage the prairie chicken and that the duck and dives tells the story of battles (for example some elders...
    09-10-2002, 05:33 PM
  • _wuliechsin_
    Dose anyone know the History on the Duck n' Dive?
    by _wuliechsin_
    Dose anybody know the history on the Duck n' Dive? Were
    it came from, how it started ect.. please let me know. Hoka!!
    11-07-2005, 10:04 AM
  • CHEROSAGE
    What are these dances?
    by CHEROSAGE
    I would like someone to explain to this ignorant straight the differences between Duck/Dive, Chicken dance, Crow hop. I know what a Ponie stealing song is and a Trot. The other thread got rapped up in the old rez vs non-rez war.
    09-23-2002, 02:21 AM
  • vince_j
    Dine' bashing
    by vince_j
    This post is in reference to comments made in the "what is with navajo's and southern style dancing" thread.

At the Gathering back maybe 9 years ago, Blacklodge and Cozad were both present. During one of the intertribal dances, Blacklodge sang a well-known Cozad song. They...
    10-17-2005, 04:51 PM
  • tallbuck
    Duck and Dive
    by tallbuck
    I am just wondering....When dancing to a Duck and Dive song, what move do you perform on the duck and then on the dive?

I personally on the duck bend my knees and bounce and look one way, then on dive bounce again and look the other way.

Thanks
    05-14-2008, 12:29 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X