Prairie Chicken not Kentucky Fried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prairie Chicken not Kentucky Fried

The origin story of the Chicken Dance talks about a warriors relationship to the prairie chicken. Hence, chicken dance. It is said the movements are inspired by the male prairie chicken during mating season.

Who, in your opinion does the best job imitating the prairie male prairie chicken in his dance style??? (does not include after hours *L)
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
    The origin story of the Chicken Dance talks about a warriors relationship to the prairie chicken. Hence, chicken dance. It is said the movements are inspired by the male prairie chicken during mating season.

Who, in your opinion does the best job imitating the prairie male prairie chicken in his dance style??? (does not include after hours *L)
    I like watching the good dancers out in the Pacific NW... the ones who know what it's about... Like Frenchie Sijohn, Kermit Davis, Dave Browneagle, Guy Fox... etc.

He ain't a chicken dancer, but I love watching Leon Old Elk Stewart dance crow belt too... similar styles, but enough differences to matter...

Paselo~
    I became a singer because I love to sing... and to feed my addiction to cough drops!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X