Shootout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shootout

I didn't get to see the Chicken Dance Shootout Special in person, but I sure heard alot about it. I did get to see a couple of cell phone videos with Guy Fox getting the best of 2 other dancers. The contest was really exciting and had crowd going.

Who got to watch the shootout? What did you think of it?
    sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
    [email protected]

We don't say shootout at our powwows around here cuz lately people been gettin' shot up furrealz!

Like southern Cali round here all of a sudden! Jks!

Like Morongo!

Kidding! Kidding! Geez!

...that's so true....so, so true...

Comment

Yeah there was a pow-wow in Manitoba last month that had Friday night session called off cause of "gangs getting of hand"...
      sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
      [email protected]

Comment

Dang, that's pretty rough. The bad thing is, it's a problem that goes alot further beyond the reaches of what a powwow committee is capable of doing. Alot of native kids runnin' around lost and misguided. I think it all starts with the family, but that's a topic for another thread.

Comment

Sanpoil Native shouting out
          Nespelem Chief

Comment

Besides all that, talked to Guy and he said the spesh wuz pretty good. I like when natives come up with new innovative ways for competing.

A few years back a similar special was done over at the North Idaho College in Coeur d'Alene. It was for a Straight vs. Contemporary Traditional Dance Special. The dancers were put into brackets, single elimination, dance off; then the top two champions, one from the Straight and one from the Contemp category danced off for the overall champion. It was pretty exciting.

There was a hand drum contest like this for a One man hand drum special at the Muckleshoot Veteran's powwow this past June.

Another good one is the George Flett Prairie Chicken Dance Special at the Spokane Labor Day Celebration. The special is ran pretty much the same but the top ten dancers are auctioned off like....I can't r'member what they call that... but if your dancer wins, then you and your dancer win all the money collected from the auction thing....what the eff is that called?......

Comment

Originally posted by ntownn8ive View Post
              The special is ran pretty much the same but the top ten dancers are auctioned off like....I can't r'member what they call that... but if your dancer wins, then you and your dancer win all the money collected from the auction thing....what the eff is that called?......

"Calcutta"
              Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
                "Calcutta"
                THANK YOU Who, my brain about exploded trying to think of the name!

Comment

shoot out mmmmmmmmmmmmms

that it was duck and dive
                  Minimum

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X