cleaning icelandic sheep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning icelandic sheep

my angoras are very dirty and i wanted to know how to clean them please respond and help me!!

It will help to sprinkle white talcum powder or baby powder into them and then brush them out. It's not a magic cure all, but it helps!

Comment

baking soda!!!!!
      use baking soda and a barbie brush
      most other brushes are too hard (i hope you know what i mean...i just cant think of a better way to say it)
      but if you sprinkle baking soda over all of the hair...work it in with your hands...then brush it out using a barbie brush (or another really REALLY soft brush) that should do the trick
      works with mine :)
      all real men have both bustles

Comment

You can also get some dry shampoo from your local dog supply. My mom has a friend who shows Samoyeds in the AKC and the dry shamppo that they market for for dogs works fairly well.

If you dont have a good animal supply around then you can also find dry shampoo in pharmacies that carry a good line of supplies for the elderly.
        Randy

Comment

When I washedmy goats the first step is to comb them out and then wash them in Woolite hang them up to dry and then comb them out again. When storing them use a little baby powder on them.

hope this helps.

Comment

brush and woolite

Comment

cleaning goats

I dont think i would recommend getting them wet, unless you had the hide protected for water somehow. They will shrink, and that is irreversable.

Now mine are black, so I dont see the dirt inthem too much. I do brush them, use a bristle style hair brush, and I do that before I dance every time. My whole regalia is kinda dark like that, red and black, so they look good and work well for what I am doing.

To be honest tho, I dont know what the guys with white goats use to clean them, I have heard talcum powder. I just wanted to input my two cents and warn you that the goats will shirnk if they get wet. The hide will eventually rot from sweat anyway, and I plan on replacing mine once every 3-5 years.

Crazy Wolf
              I believe in something I want to believe, not what someone wants me to believe.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X