Fancy Dance bustle construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy Dance bustle construction

Sturdy frame construction is KEY; essential. I like the fancy dance bustle plate at nocbay.com

They use a very heavy metal for support of the feathers which will last throug a couple pow-wow seasons. I make bustles for younger males, so they soon outgrow them after a few seasons.

It is advised that you use FOUR strands of sinew through the quill instead of two. It lets me sleep at night.

I also use the old light bulb method of straightening the feathers and have to go back for two days to make sure they are holding their shape. If you work on other aspects of your bustle, you will be able to go back after 2-3 days and further straighten your feathers again after the initial straightening, because they will always try to return to thier original shape regardless of how good you straighten them in the beginning of the project.

So, good luck and i am glad to be able to talk to everyone.

Gary
    [email protected]
    Traditional
    66.67%
    Fancy
    16.67%
    Grass
    0.00%
    I'm a singer
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

plz visit our interactive website at: www.ho-chunk.com

very cool

Comment

Looking at instructions . Thank You !!
      Last edited by Silverraven; 04-27-2010, 09:04 PM.
      Bruce & Lisa

Comment

Try looking at the first thread in the forum titled "bustle instruction."
        Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

Originally posted by Silverraven View Post
          Hi seen your post .
          would like to know if you would send me the Instructions to making one please.
          thank you Silverraven
          Why do some folks expect there to be some kind of Written formal construction/ instruction Document. I mean ....
          Notice the poster above Capitalized "Instruction". Like it is some document or something. Or I guess they expect some body to write it all up for them. For some anonymous person over the web.
          Ya'll are kidding right???????????????????

Furthermore, as Mr. sookout sh'nob has already pointed out, there happens to be a decent couple of threads with pictures and step by steps. WOW
          How lazy can some one be?
          WEll..... I guess just buying them would be lazier?
          I'll shut up now.
          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW

Comment

One even has hand drawn illustrations.
            Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

Not only that. The thread was finished 7 years ago. U think the OP is still around?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Wow talk about not a pleasant reply

Originally posted by lostsalt View Post
                Why do some folks expect there to be some kind of Written formal construction/ instruction Document. I mean ....
                Notice the poster above Capitalized "Instruction". Like it is some document or something. Or I guess they expect some body to write it all up for them. For some anonymous person over the web.
                Ya'll are kidding right???????????????????

Furthermore, as Mr. sookout sh'nob has already pointed out, there happens to be a decent couple of threads with pictures and step by steps. WOW
                How lazy can some one be?
                WEll..... I guess just buying them would be lazier?
                I'll shut up now.
                Wow if anyone needs help on bustle building, I would be more than willing to help anyone. I am a human being and always will I g to help anyone who needs help. Guess I don't see Lazy. Why run circles around something when someone has already done the work. It's Obious to me if I did all the hard work on something then posted it that shows I want to help someone. Helps someone from stumping their toes like I did. Just guess I hv a heart to help others

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.