Up and Coming Fancy Dancers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up and Coming Fancy Dancers

This thread is to list dancers you think have what it takes to be the next "big thing". Off hand, I'd have to say Travis "Thunder" Lovett. Never really met him, but have seen him dance on some videos at some of the bigger pow wows shown on this site, and have seen his name in the winner's list a lot lately. He's got a good style and a nice outfit that he obviously has put a lot of work into. Don't remember him around as a teen so maybe he just kicked it as an adult...not sure, but I like his style. He doesn't just spin like a lot of fancy dancers do these days. He actually has some moves.

I see his tribe is listed as Cherokee...guess he's Cherokee Nation or UKB from Oklahoma.

Next...
    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

I met Travis when he first started out years ago. Yeah he's a great dancer, his mom told me he would get up at 5 in the morning to practice dancing then go to school come home and practice some more. He' from my neck of the woods, haven't seen him in a while though. I guess now I know where he's been.

Another couple of goods dancer on th female side of fancy are Walayla Brown she's 16 and is a great dancer. Also Angaline Jumper age 10 and has really got some moves.
    The look on a baby's face the first time they hear the drum is priceless.......

Comment

i think that one kid from texas look pretty good to contend but i think he in teens and he don't go anywhere that much i also must say that he also has a nice outfit with that apron

Comment

In my area (oklahoma) there are some serious up and coming fancy dancers. Kingston Pipestem and Graham Primeaux Jr are really top-notch teen fancy dancers. It's exciting to watch them dance and they are always rivals for first place.
        We will be known forever by the tracks we leave..Dakota leader.

Comment

up and comers

Originally posted by amarie49 View Post
          In my area (oklahoma) there are some serious up and coming fancy dancers. Kingston Pipestem and Graham Primeaux Jr are really top-notch teen fancy dancers. It's exciting to watch them dance and they are always rivals for first place.
          Both Kingston and Graham are great dancers. have you seen Simon Washee? This kid is also from Oklahoma and has won almost every major powwow around. He dances in the juniors and at age 11 has quite a following. I have seen him beat both Graham and Kingston at big time powwows. His father once told me he teaches himself and his brother who is also a good jr fancy to dance. 1st at IICOT, Ponca, Qaupaw,just to name a few. It was great to see that little guy tear up the competition up in WY. and CA. also.

Comment

Originally posted by jumpman View Post
            i think that one kid from texas look pretty good to contend but i think he in teens and he don't go anywhere that much i also must say that he also has a nice outfit with that apron
            i think this guy i'm talkin about is Tyler Abbey

Comment

Iono Bout Thunder... LOL Hes Kinda Cheesy...
              I Think Some Of The Up N Coming Fancy Dancers Are Amos Yazzie IV... Marquel Crawford... Canku Onestar... N Sonny Littlehead!!! Those Are Tha Ones To Look Out For...

Comment

Are there videos of these guys on here somewhere? Would love to see them.

Comment

Comment

They Are All In Teens Except For Sonny.. Hes Still In Juniors... Unfortunatly Powwows.com Doesnt Record Juniors Or Teens For Some Odd Reason... But Im Sure You Can Find Videos Of Them On Youtube Or Something...

Comment

I;ll have to look for them then. Nothing better to watch then a really awesome young dancer. You see great adults all the time but the awesome teen and juniors are few and far between.

Comment

simon video

Originally posted by PrairieTX View Post
                        Simon Washee is still in juniors he is 11 yrs. if you are interested in seeing him here is the url

vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.Channel&ChannelID=395403 81 - 21k

this vid was taken in august

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.