X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July Special

just to let you guys know we are still having the
    Daniel French Fancy Dance Special during the Cherokee 4th of July pow wow

some past winners were Michael Roberts, Spike Draper....

if you want any more info just drop me a line

Dawn
    Well will wonders never cease.....

This special is $1,000 winner-take-all and is scheduled for the evening session on Saturday, July 5 at the Cherokee July Pow Wow in Cherokee, NC.

The dancing is on the stage again this time so bring your Dr. Schol's inserts and get ready to dance!!
    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

They are putting a mat down on the stage for the dancers to help cushion against the concrete
      the special will be after the 7pm saturday GE

Comment

Cool, I look forward to watching it again this year.

I'll see y'all there.

OOp's wrong again, it's on hold another week or two after all, again.lol
        Last edited by timmy tiger; 07-01-2008, 11:16 AM.

Comment

On behalf of the family we just wanted to say thanks to all the guys that danced in the special
          It was a hard pick - there was some GREAT dancing!!!
          the winner was Josh Hill

thanks to everyone for dancing and we hope everyone comes back next year....
          thanks to Otter Trail and Black Lodge for the great songs!!!

Comment

The special was keen!! It started with four songs (back-to-back) by Otter Trail and Black Lodge. Then, the family chose their top four which consisted of:
            Daniel Tramper
            Eric Bird
            Josh Hill
            Gabe Bullock

Each of the four finalists got to choose which drum they wanted to dance to for a solo. They all chose Otter Trail.

The family then chose the two finalists: Josh Hill and Eric Bird who danced to one more song...and Josh Hill won.

There was some fine dancing and keen songs.

Cool special!

Comment

Wow that sounds like a great dance.

I'm sorry that I missed it. I love to watch good fancy dancing and those guys are some of the best. Well, there's always next year for me.lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Wojapi4Me;1165655]The special was keen!! It started with four songs (back-to-back) by Otter Trail and Black Lodge. Then, the family chose their top four which consisted of:
                Daniel Tramper
                Eric Bird
                Josh Hill
                Gabe Bullock

Each of the four finalists got to choose which drum they wanted to dance to for a solo. They all chose Otter Trail.

The family then chose the two finalists: Josh Hill and Eric Bird who danced to one more song...and Josh Hill won.

There was some fine dancing and keen songs.

Wojapi4Me,
                Thanks for the detail. Can I ask were all the songs straight songs. Any tricks,ruffles, etc.? They all(4) got a solo.. KEWL
                That sounds like an awesome special.
                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW

Comment

If I remember correctly, during the solo part, I think Daniel, Eric and Josh all danced to ruffle songs and Gabe danced to a straight song with a tricky ending.

Also, if I remember correctly, I think all four of the first songs were straight songs.

If this is incorrect, someone please correct me...funny how one can forget just from Saturday night.

On a side note, Gabe Bullock danced all weekend even though he was visibly limping on and off the stage each time. Pretty gutsy if you ask me.

And Daniel Tramper should get all the props in the world He is older than the combined ages of the top two finishers...but he keeps himself in great shape and it pays off for him.

All of the dancers have my respect for sure as they really danced hard!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X