this forum sucks lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this forum sucks lately

no posts in almost a month, everyone scared off by that one person. what a shame. I'll just start my own conversations.

Originally posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
    no posts in almost a month, everyone scared off by that one person. what a shame. I'll just start my own conversations.
    Oh, come on Iowa Boy, its not that bad, just powwow season. In fact, i was at Thief River Falls, saw Dwight White Buffalo throw a dance stick in the air, catch it, and hit the splits on the last beat. Even the MC said something about it right after it happened. It was on the first of the two contest songs. Senior men's fancy got Red Bull and Blacklodge for their two songs on Sunday. Great music.

-Iowa Boy
    Last edited by Iowa_Boy; 05-26-2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Hey thanks Iowa Boy, how'd everybody else look?

-Iowa Boy

Comment

[QUOTE=Iowa_Boy;1306143]Hey thanks Iowa Boy, how'd everybody else look?

Glad you asked Iowa Boy!

Joe B won the Golden age men's fancy/grass, it was great to see a legend out there. Surprised that R. Bison or B. Ladd weren't there, could of had three out there.

Spike D. looked good.

Grand Entry on Sunday (sung by Red Bull and Blacklodge) alternated between special songs, crow hop, duck and dive, double beat, it rocked.

later-
        Iowa Boy

Comment

Isn't that forum title a little harsh there Iowa Boy?

Comment

Isn't that forum title a little harsh there Iowa Boy?
            Well, I figured it might get peoples attention, maybe drum up some interest. Just not a lot of fancy dancers out there, even fewer with a good internet connection.

-IB

Comment

Well, I figured it might get peoples attention, maybe drum up some interest. Just not a lot of fancy dancers out there, even fewer with a good internet connection.

-IB
              Hmm do we jump in and talk with you or just see how many posts you'll do talking to yourself?

New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                Hmm do we jump in and talk with you or just see how many posts you'll do talking to yourself?

It's cool, the problem would be if he starts answering himself!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post

Hey, this was iowa Boy's thread. Which reminds me, I wanted to ask Iowa Boy about fringe length. What about it, IB?

Comment

That's a good question Iowa Boy!

Fringe length: we all know that since the 80s we've seen a variety of fringe types. Currently northern fancy guys are using ribbon, either 1/4 or 5/8. I'm using the 5/8 right now, and the length is long. Guys like their apron and yoke fringe long now, in fact, some guys apron fringe touches the tops of their mocs. They still have the ribbons on their goats, which can be seen with they dance though. It reminds me of the old shaggy northern days from the 1970s, before the northern guys were influenced by the clean southern style.

-IB

Comment

That's a good question Iowa Boy!

Fringe length: we all know that since the 80s we've seen a variety of fringe types. Currently northern fancy guys are using ribbon, either 1/4 or 5/8. I'm using the 5/8 right now, and the length is long. Guys like their apron and yoke fringe long now, in fact, some guys apron fringe touches the tops of their mocs. They still have the ribbons on their goats, which can be seen with they dance though. It reminds me of the old shaggy northern days from the 1970s, before the northern guys were influenced by the clean southern style.

-IB
                      You know i've noticed that too. Could you ask Iowaboy if the nextime he see IowaboY to have him ask IowaBoy What's up with the arm bustles nowadays. Geesh. And the price of a roach at wal-mart has gone up ,,, SLIGHTLY.
                      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW

Comment

Oh, come on Iowa Boy, its not that bad, just powwow season. In fact, i was at Thief River Falls, saw Dwight White Buffalo throw a dance stick in the air, catch it, and hit the splits on the last beat. Even the MC said something about it right after it happened. It was on the first of the two contest songs. Senior men's fancy got Red Bull and Blacklodge for their two songs on Sunday. Great music.

-Iowa Boy
                        I saw Dwight do that in about 1990! I'm getting old. I can't remember the exact year.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by lostsalt View Post
                          You know i've noticed that too. Could you ask Iowaboy if the nextime he see IowaboY to have him ask IowaBoy What's up with the arm bustles nowadays. Geesh. And the price of a roach at wal-mart has gone up ,,, SLIGHTLY.

Whoa, one question at a time. Iowa Boy heard that porky prices tripled this year, saw a $2500 roach at Thief River. Big porky hairis hard to get now, so the price is going up.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                            I saw Dwight do that in about 1990! I'm getting old. I can't remember the exact year.
                            Dwight's been doing that for quite a while, I mentioned it because he was the second to attempt that move last weekend, but the only one to pull it off. The other guy tried and dropped the dance stick right in front of the judges.

Maybe these guys are watching too much baton twirling?

Comment

Hey Iowa Boy, have you noticed that the older northern fancy guys, the senior adults (35-50), they seem to prefer eagle feather bustles, while the younger guys, the junior adults (18-35) prefer hackles bustles?

-IB

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X