X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifth, I attached the inside row of hackle
    Attached Files

Comment

Sixth, I covered the inside row of hackles with silver prism tape.
      Attached Files

Comment

Good job IB, now, just do that 63 more times. Plus, the pink blanket wasn't necessary, you could use any kind of blanket.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
          Fourth, I attached the first row of hackle (the outside row)
          i have a questions sir.....

about how many hackles each row?
          sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
          [email protected]

Comment

Howdy neighbor,

I use 25 hackles per color. You can get away with a little less than what you use on your back bustles because these will "flatten out" and look fuller. All the ones in the earlier pics have 25 per color.

Comment

Chicken dancers at 7 Clans.
              Attached Files

Comment

Howdy neighbor,

I use 25 hackles per color. You can get away with a little less than what you use on your back bustles because these will "flatten out" and look fuller. All the ones in the earlier pics have 25 per color.
                your feather tying technique is similar to making the fluff balls chicken dancers wear. cool pick by the way....
                sigpic

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ndnsooner View Post
                  your feather tying technique is similar to making the fluff balls chicken dancers wear. cool pick by the way....
                  Really, if you think about it, most of the techniques that fancy dancers use are also used by other dance styles. I've started working on a chicken outfit, and everything so far has been familiar.

Comment

Really, if you think about it, most of the techniques that fancy dancers use are also used by other dance styles. I've started working on a chicken outfit, and everything so far has been familiar.
                    maybe we should start a thread in the chicken forum for that....
                    sigpic

[email protected]

Comment

I'm sorry. The badger distracted me and I must have missed the feather tying technique.

Can you please elaborate for someone who hasn't done much feather work, but who has grandsons that need outfits?!?

It looks like the feathers go clear around the dowel, but how are they secured?
                      ...it is what it is...

Comment

F~~&% BAdger ate my 7- 9inch hackles.
                        Iowaboy, do you have full coverage insurance for that (#&(^#& Badger?
                        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW

Comment

Originally posted by lostsalt View Post
                          F~~&% BAdger ate my 7- 9inch hackles.
                          Iowaboy, do you have full coverage insurance for that (#&(^#& Badger?
                          Badger? I thought you loved the beaver?

Wait, better joke, here is comes..... "right, you've never seen anything 7-9 inches in your life"
                          Last edited by Iowa_Boy; 06-03-2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Lostsalt wins the competition, he sent in a pic of his new armbustles, he had problems posting, so he sent them directly to me, here's the pic.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Can you tell us where he went wrong?
                              ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                                Can you tell us where he went wrong?
                                He ordered a kit from "Grey Owl Indian Crafts" and had a 12 year old boy scout put it together for him.

but he did get his "Badger Patch"!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.