Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask Iowa Boy #3

Hey Iowa Boy,

I was secretly going through my brothers stuff while he ram to the grocery store this morning, he used to make bustles, and I found this stick with lines on it? What is it?

signed,

Confused Stick Man

P.S. My brother has a blanket just like you, Please help?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
    Hey Iowa Boy,

I was secretly going through my brothers stuff while he ram to the grocery store this morning, he used to make bustles, and I found this stick with lines on it? What is it?

signed,

Confused Stick Man

P.S. My brother has a blanket just like you, Please help?

That there look like a bamboo extension my friend. This is used to extend the length of a turkey spike or an eagle feather, this will also straighten a feather and reinforce.......but I know you already knew that. So I guess you wanna "springboard" from here so lemme ask a question or two to get things started.........what glue or tape would be best to adhere this bamboo extension to the feather and what kind of prep work needs to be done to the feather before it is applied?
    Last edited by Furiously-Fancy; 06-15-2009, 01:04 PM.
    "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

Is it the stick for Jose Jalapeno?
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, I know, its a badger hole poking stick? Right?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Furiously-Fancy View Post
          That there look like a bamboo extension my friend. This is used to extend the length of a turkey spike or an eagle feather.......but I know you already knew that. So I guess you wanna "springboard" from here so lemme ask a question or two to get things started.........what glue or tape would be best to adhere this bamboo extension to the feather and what kind of prep work needs to be done to the feather before it is applied?
          Nope, but you're in the right neighborhood.

(Side note: cut the bottom of the spike as small as possible to fit the bamboo skewer extension in it. Stick the skewer in a bottle of Elmer's glue. Shove skewer in spike, Wipe off excess glue. I flatten before extending with Turkey spikes).

Comment

Is it a stick for squid?
            Attached Files

Comment

Is it a stick for squid?

Fine then......it's a shrimp skewer and a shisk-a-bob stick!!! You can also poke someone in the eye with it ......if they don't like ur post LOL!!!

Comment

Survey says.......

it's a bustle template. In this case, a square dowel with all the measurements on it for a bustle spike (it tells you where to cut the extender, where to mark for the hole, where to cut the tip to length, and where to cut the fletching).
                Attached Files

Comment

Kewl!

Comment

if you labeled the stick as to what set of bustles it goes to, you can make new spikes/repairs quickly and easily too.

Comment

if you labeled the stick as to what set of bustles it goes to, you can make new spikes/repairs quickly and easily too.

That's purdy handy......Dandy!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X