Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask Iowa Boy: Next season?

Dear Iowa Boy,

Where I live its starting to get cold, and the powwows are getting fewer and fewer and they are moving indoors. I was wondering when I should start thinking about next year's powwow season?

Confused in ND

Originally posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
    Dear Iowa Boy,

Where I live its starting to get cold, and the powwows are getting fewer and fewer and they are moving indoors. I was wondering when I should start thinking about next year's powwow season?

Confused in ND
    Dear Confused?

You should have already been thinking about next season. I started next years beadwork last year, and will begin 2010's new beadwork sometime this winter. There are things you can still do, cleaning and fixing, but simple things are new shirts, maybe change the fringe on your outift,

Everyone should clean their stuff, there's a few of you out there that I can smell from my campsite as I'm walking to grand entry.

Fix that rip in the mox, repair the broken spikes. Put on some rhinestone banding maybe, make new scarves.

Any other ideas?

Comment

***holding nose*** Some new skivvies would be nice!!
      I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

Comment

Originally posted by soopashinaab View Post
        ***holding nose*** Some new skivvies would be nice!!
        that and bustles that smell like hippie chicks.

Comment

Hey IB,

Since the topic has been broached (hippy chicks), how do you fight "The Funk"?

In particular on those hard to wash items, headbands and beadwork?

Cover it up?

Sanitize and remove it?

Just make new stuff?

Ever try Baking soda?

Fabreeze?

The dreaded Hippy Oil?

Go ahead, make my day!

Sincerely,

Approaching Funkiness in Alberta

Comment

Originally posted by jed View Post
            Hey IB,

Since the topic has been broached (hippy chicks), how do you fight "The Funk"?

In particular on those hard to wash items, headbands and beadwork?

Cover it up?

Sanitize and remove it?

Just make new stuff?

Ever try Baking soda?

Fabreeze?

The dreaded Hippy Oil?

Go ahead, make my day!

Sincerely,

Approaching Funkiness in Alberta
            Seriously, I know guys who will fill the bathtub with about 1/2 of water and kid strength bubble bath and soak all their outfit parts (beaded aprons, cuffs, etc.) Depending on how your bustles are made, you can steam them and then pack them with sweetgrass.

Worst comes to worst, you have to reback and refringe everything. Or drive to the next powwow with the windows down.

In Canada I would suggest getting 3 dozen Tim Horton's donuts, pack them with your outfit and they will absorb the funk.

But the bigger problem is why you smell like hippy chicks in the first place. Ya just gotta aviod them, no matter how tempting.

Comment

But the bigger problem is why you smell like hippy chicks in the first place. Ya just gotta aviod them, no matter how tempting.
              Any Tips On Avoiding The Temptation?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_grass_dancer View Post
                Any Tips On Avoiding The Temptation?
                The best way to avoid chicks, in General, is to travel with IowaBoy.
                Just Sayin...
                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW

Comment

But what if IB has the Funk...isn't that trading one evil for another?

Funkily wondering......

Comment

Originally posted by lostsalt View Post
                    The best way to avoid chicks, in General, is to travel with IowaBoy.
                    Just Sayin...
                    Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear..............

Comment

Chicks dig me because I got a big wa'pasha and I know how to use it!!!
                      Sahnish

"There is nothing more dangerous than ignorance in action."

Comment

Lost I Think Traviling With Iowaboy Is Outa The Question. Bring On Temptation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_grass_dancer View Post
                          Lost I Think Traviling With Iowaboy Is Outa The Question. Bring On Temptation.
                          I have 2 say, at least he doesn't mind driving after you've stayed out all night.
                          .... oh wait yes he does.
                          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW

Comment

Originally posted by lostsalt View Post
                            I have 2 say, at least he doesn't mind driving after you've stayed out all night. .... oh wait yes he does.
                            Ahh One Of Those Getin Thier Beauty Sleep On The Window While You Pound Starbucks Trying To Stay Awake.

Comment

Originally posted by Sahnish View Post
                              Chicks dig me because I got a big wa'pasha and I know how to use it!!!
                              Okay, I got a problem with a Ree using a sioux word!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X