Ask Iowa Boy: Next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx_grass_dancer View Post
    Lost I Think Traviling With Iowaboy Is Outa The Question. Bring On Temptation.
    I did Texas once, once.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
      I did Texas once, once.
      You Prolly Got Banned Like Ozzy.

Comment

You Prolly Got Banned Like Ozzy.
        Got invited down by a well-known dancer, he said he cover out hotel rooms and help out if we came. Last day, he split, we had to cover rooms and the gas from Iowa to Texas. Texas= not so good time.

Comment

Got invited down by a well-known dancer, he said he cover out hotel rooms and help out if we came. Last day, he split, we had to cover rooms and the gas from Iowa to Texas. Texas= not so good time.
          Ouch That Sucks And A Long Drive. What Powwow Did You Go To? If You Remember

Comment

Okay, I got a problem with a Ree using a sioux word!
            My great grandma was a lakota princess... Actually, she couldn't run fast enough!!!
            Sahnish

"There is nothing more dangerous than ignorance in action."

Comment

Ouch That Sucks And A Long Drive. What Powwow Did You Go To? If You Remember
              we do not speak of the dark lord and his powwow.

Comment

we do not speak of the dark lord and his powwow.
                I 'm proud of you for not outing the azzwhole! Next time you see him , count coup and swipe his beadwork. That will teach him......maybe not.

The above post was not approved or authorized by powwows.com or any of it known affiliates. All rights reserved. Void in Delaware, Michigan and of Course Ohio.
                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW

Comment

Originally posted by lostsalt View Post
                  I 'm proud of you for not outing the azzwhole! Next time you see him , count coup and swipe his beadwork. That will teach him......maybe not.

The above post was not approved or authorized by powwows.com or any of it known affiliates. All rights reserved. Void in Delaware, Michigan and of Course Ohio.
                  Now I don't powwow south of south dakota

Comment

Well jed,

Since no one else will chime in about dealing with the funk, I will take a stab at it.

First take that Funky headband and take it apart. I know it is a pain but it will be worth it.

Next throw away that old backing. That is where your Funk is growing.

Then it is time to sanitize. How bout a nice warm bath for the beadwork, followed by a scrubbing with some dish soap (via old toothbrush), rinse, 2nd cycle try a wee bit o bleach in warm water, rinse, 3rd cycle some good ole oder absorbing baking soda, rinse, and let air dry!

Presto! Smells pretty darn fresh now!

Put it all back together and this time back it with some sweat repellent vinyl. Don't forget to wipe all that sweat off after every use!

Hope that helps,

Sincerely,

jed

Comment

Seriously, I know guys who will fill the bathtub with about 1/2 of water and kid strength bubble bath and soak all their outfit parts (beaded aprons, cuffs, etc.) Depending on how your bustles are made, you can steam them and then pack them with sweetgrass.

Worst comes to worst, you have to reback and refringe everything. Or drive to the next powwow with the windows down.

In Canada I would suggest getting 3 dozen Tim Horton's donuts, pack them with your outfit and they will absorb the funk.

But the bigger problem is why you smell like hippy chicks in the first place. Ya just gotta aviod them, no matter how tempting.
                      sorry Jed, maybe earlier (see above from the first page) I didn't give the kind of detail that Jed wanted in an answer. i re-fringe every season, and with that usually comes a change in backing. On things like cuffs, I wear big sweat bands around my wrists to keep the sweat from getting to the backing. Prevention is helpful.

Comment

Sweat bands for sure! I usually make new cloth and fringe each year.

Beaded headband has to be the biggest funk magnet though.

Comment

Originally posted by jed View Post
                          Sweat bands for sure! I usually make new cloth and fringe each year.

Beaded headband has to be the biggest funk magnet though.
                          most of the fancy guys down here wear those football skull caps or tie a big scarf on their heads, that adds another layer to soak up the sweat before it gets to the headband (but it also makes you sweat more because it overs your head)

Comment

most of the fancy guys down here wear those football skull caps or tie a big scarf on their heads, that adds another layer to soak up the sweat before it gets to the headband (but it also makes you sweat more because it overs your head)
                            whats a good way to get rid of the funky smell?
                            sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ndnsooner View Post
                              whats a good way to get rid of the funky smell?
                              move to minnesota! bada-boom!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week!

Comment

$240 of pudding?

that's alot of pudding LOL

headbands are gross ... i got asked to repair a headband once ... gawd it was horrible!!
                                Watch your broken dreams...
                                Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X