Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy Feather dance

Hi,Every one

Fancy Feather or Fancy War Dance is a style of dance some believe was originally created by members of the Ponca tribe in the 1920s and 1930s, in an attempt to preserve their culture and religion. It is loosely based on the War dance. Fancy dance was considered appropriate to be performed for visitors to reservations and at "Wild West" shows. But today, fancy dancers can be seen at many powwows across the nation and even the world.

Originally posted by richermartyn View Post
    Hi,Every one

Fancy Feather or Fancy War Dance is a style of dance some believe was originally created by members of the Ponca tribe in the 1920s and 1930s, in an attempt to preserve their culture and religion. It is loosely based on the War dance. Fancy dance was considered appropriate to be performed for visitors to reservations and at "Wild West" shows. But today, fancy dancers can be seen at many powwows across the nation and even the world.
    Really? What else can you tell us?

Comment

HHHmmm, interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by richermartyn View Post
        Hi,Every one

I believe it was created by aliens in an alternate universe where up is down and down is over there. Your dance team advisor is really smart.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.