Fancy Regalia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy Regalia

Hey Guys im new to fancy dancing and i was wondering what yall think i should start on first?

Originally posted by Brettcronkhite View Post
    Hey Guys im new to fancy dancing and i was wondering what yall think i should start on first?
    what happened? You were a traditional dancer before. Weren't you the "yarn instead of beadwork" guy?

Comment

i have decided to restart in another style and make the regalia the right way instead of the yarn work i will bead the fancy regalia

Comment

Figuring out what you want to dance.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

like do you mean northern or southern fancy?

Comment

like do you mean northern or southern fancy?
            what?

Comment

I think he means style as in Fancy, Grass, Traditional, Straight, and Old Style.

Comment

Originally posted by dhays9 View Post
                I think he means style as in Fancy, Grass, Traditional, Straight, and Old Style.
                Nice boy scout view of the powwow world. Shhhhhh, be very quiet, or the guys in the Chicken dance forum might hear that you left them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
                  Nice boy scout view of the powwow world. Shhhhhh, be very quiet, or the guys in the Chicken dance forum might hear that you left them out.
                  I'm not complaining....
                  sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ndnsooner View Post
                    I'm not complaining....
                    just be happy the boy scouts have discoverd you yet! How's that cough?

Comment

Changeing dance styles

Just wanted to say many people change dance styles due to age and body capability or else they got bored with the style they danced but remember your are who you want to be

Comment

what?

Comment

thank you lakota beader, i am changing styles from Traditional to Fancy

Comment

thank you lakota beader, i am changing styles from Traditional to Fancy
                            Okay then.. who was the best fancy dancer from your lodge? Maybe you should contact him
                            If you don't know ask Mr. Yates, Dal Newbold, or your Dance team advisor? Croatan right?
                            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW

Comment

Originally posted by lostsalt View Post
                              Okay then.. who was the best fancy dancer from your lodge? Maybe you should contact him
                              If you don't know ask Mr. Yates, Dal Newbold, or your Dance team advisor? Croatan right?
                              I think he should ask Professor Plum, he's in the parlor with a candlestick.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.