No announcement yet.

Fancy Regalia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this one's for my brother Lostsalt.......

wait for it..........

wait for it ...........

SUSPENDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

/sorry, I'll be serious now {maybe}

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
      this one's for my brother Lostsalt.......

wait for it..........

wait for it ...........

SUSPENDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

/sorry, I'll be serious now {maybe}
      okay now , i guess i deserve that. woogie wore them.
      if you bring elvis into this.... you're dead
      just sayin'....
      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW

Comment

Originally posted by dhays9 View Post
        I think he means style as in Fancy, Grass, Traditional, Straight, and Old Style.
        Hahaa Yeppers, that's what I meant.

Originally posted by Brettcronkhite View Post
        thank you lakota beader, i am changing styles from Traditional to Fancy
        Usually, it's the other way around. Old Fancys don't quit...they go Traditional!!! LOL

I once saw Keith Colston try dancing Eagle Bustle. Poor boy just couldn't get the footwork down. Didn't take him long to go back to what he knew how to do.

Originally posted by lostsalt View Post
        Okay then.. who was the best fancy dancer from your lodge? Maybe you should contact him
        If you don't know ask Mr. Yates, Dal Newbold, or your Dance team advisor? Croatan right?
        Or head up the road about 30 miles to Hollister and ask Archie and some of the boys over that way.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcronkhite View Post
          i have decided to restart in another style and make the regalia the right way instead of the yarn work i will bead the fancy regalia
          Brett,

So next year what style you going to change to?
          Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
            Brett,

So next year what style you going to change to?
            I'm considering thinking about making a chicken outfit for 2011.

Comment

I'm confused????

Are u gonna make a Chicken Dance outfit or a Fancy Dance outfit using shicken feathers? Now that would look cool and u could start a trend!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                I'm confused????

Are u gonna make a Chicken Dance outfit or a Fancy Dance outfit using shicken feathers? Now that would look cool and u could start a trend!!!
                I'm just trying to keep up with all the cool kids, ya know, hit all the chicken specials, impress the ladies and all....................

Comment

Soooo.......
                  Are you thinking about considering it.....
                  or considering thinking about it ???

As a "tradish" dancer for years I've been thinking of changing styles as well......Maybe I'll become a......Flamingo dancer.....or possibly a Salsa dancer !!!
                  oh-oh-oh.....could I be a River dancer ....they look cool !!!
                  I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                  It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                    Soooo.......
                    Are you thinking about considering it.....
                    or considering thinking about it ???

As a "tradish" dancer for years I've been thinking of changing styles as well......Maybe I'll become a......Flamingo dancer.....or possibly a Salsa dancer !!!
                    oh-oh-oh.....could I be a River dancer ....they look cool !!!
                    I'm considering the possibility of starting to think about he possibility of making a chicken outfit. I'm right in the middle of a beaded yoke project, the apron's already done, so I just have the belt with drops, cuffs, headband, mocs, and all the rosettes left. Maybe by then I'll be in the mood to ponder some chicken stuff.

Comment

More Chicken Stuff

See attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.