Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Boy: ? from Frankenstein

HMMMMMMMM, Iowa Boy

Me Frankenstein, Me want make bustles. Bustles goooddd, FIRE BAAAADDDDD. Help Frankenstein? Frankenstein part Indian. He part lots of people. But me thinks grandma was a princess. Help Frankenstein?

AAARRRGGHHH,

F

Originally posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
    HMMMMMMMM, Iowa Boy

Me Frankenstein, Me want make bustles. Bustles goooddd, FIRE BAAAADDDDD. Help Frankenstein? Frankenstein part Indian. He part lots of people. But me thinks grandma was a princess. Help Frankenstein?

AAARRRGGHHH,

F
    Yes Frankenstein, Fire IS bad.First, you need to think about your dance outfit as a whole. The pieces should not be viewed as separate things, but as one unit, made of of matching or complimentary pieces. One color scheme and design pattern throughout. Think of colors that work well together, or that represent certain tribal groups (if you know your heritage), maybe you have family colors or designs? The first thing you need to do is think about an overal color scheme. Once that is done, then think about the various pieces in your outfit and what you want to invest in it. I mean time and/or money. Bustles are not a good first project. Maybe you should start with something smaller to begin with?

-IB

Comment

HULK toooooooo want make bustles. you know what HULK want? HULK want green bustles. You make for HULK? HULK try, but HULK smash tooooo much.

Help HULK?
      Attached Files

Comment

HULK toooooooo want make bustles. you know what HULK want? HULK want green bustles. You make for HULK? HULK try, but HULK smash tooooo much.

Help HULK?
        Well Hulk, you need more than one color. Perhaps shades of green and white, maybe a little purple too?

Comment

Well Hulk, you need more than one color. Perhaps shades of green and white, maybe a little purple too?
          HULK like purple. Where do HULK buy bustle kit?

Comment

HULK like purple. Where do HULK buy bustle kit?
            Well HULK, I don't really like kits. I've had to help several people in the last couple of years who bought kits and then tried to make something only to smash them and then send them to me to finish.

Although for beginniners, some kits aren't bad. Don't expect a full, good set of bustles from a kit though, they don't have enough spikes or hackles. They will be small and "thin", but it might be just what you need to get started. It will teach you how to do some of the basics, skills that you will need for your next set of bustles.

Comment

Where does Frankenstein buy supplies. Me smarted than HULK. Me no like kit.
              Attached Files

Comment

Where does Frankenstein buy supplies. Me smarted than HULK. Me no like kit.
                WTF? What is that a pic of Frank? Is that you?

Comment

WTF? What is that a pic of Frank? Is that you?
                  Frank is Pokemon master. They cute and cuddly but fierce like Frank. Pokemon good, FIRE BBBAAAAADDDDD>

Comment

Traders typically sell hackles by the oz or lb, by color. The longer the better. Most have a 5-6" and a 6"-8". The 6-8" is what you need (although secret suppliers have longer).

Hackles also come in 2 types, those make from natural hackles (these will be the dark colors) and those from hackles that have been bleached white (these will be the light colors)

These images are from Noc Bay trading post.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Traders typically sell hackles by the oz or lb, by color. The longer the better. Most have a 5-6" and a 6"-8". The 6-8" is what you need (although secret suppliers have longer).

Hackles also come in 2 types, those make from natural hackles (these will be the dark colors) and those from hackles that have been bleached white (these will be the light colors)

These images are from Noc Bay trading post.
                      Red feathers look like FIRE and FIRE is BAD!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Red feathers look like FIRE and FIRE is BAD!
                        Okay Frank, why don't you pick colors that don't look like fire then.
                        Last edited by Iowa_Boy; 12-14-2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

HULK like fire. Fire gooooood.
                          Attached Files

Comment

HULK like fire. Fire gooooood.
                            HULK sister want to dance too.
                            Attached Files

Comment

HULK sister want to dance too.
                              Frankenstein like HULK sister, but not FIRE. FIRE BADDDDDDDDDDDD.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.