Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on cleaning angora goats

Hello,

Can anyone give some advice on how to clean angora goats? They have a canvas back and are sewn into tubes so they can't be opened.

Many Thanks,

Bill

Sewn into tubes? How do you mean? And are you trying to clean the furs themselves, or are they just starting to look raggedy? Assuming they are Fancy style goats, given this is the Fancy end of the world...but the "tube" explication leads me to think traditional, or grass...can you post a pic?

Comment

Hello Fancyboi. Yes, they are fancy goats. I have seen some that are attached with velcro up the seam. These are sewn together and cannot be opened to lay flat (fillet?). Just trying to clean the fur, which is matted and dirty.

Many Thanks,

Bill

Comment

You could mix a solution of shampoo and warm water in a spray bottle and spritz the fur lightly and massage it as you would your head, and pat dry them brush them and air dry and rebrush if needed...assuming that only brushing them isn't taking out what bugs you. Also keep in mind that they will, over time attain a yellow hue (assuming they are not dyed) depending on how often you dance

Comment

OOOOH!! Slip-ons! I gotcha

Comment

Just what I wanted to hear. I appreciate your help Fancyboi.

Many Thanks,

Bill

Comment

No problem man, just dont over do the shampoo or the sprayin...suds can dry and look like awful...and well water+leather lol.
              You're welcome

Comment

when I cleaned my furs I used dog shampoo and the shower head. Just be sure to let it dry out so they don't get moldy.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• kitchemanitou
                  TEST YOUR BIRTH & WHAT IT'S WORTH?
                  by kitchemanitou
                  Birth Test

Let me know your number. Once you have discovered your Birth Number, forward this email to the rest of your friends, including the one who sent this to you. Put your "number" in the "Subject" and Pass it on! Have fun!

Our birth date describes...
                  03-03-2005, 06:17 PM
                • sunbursthonor
                  deer toes
                  by sunbursthonor
                  how long do i boil deer toes before they will pop off? please answer quickly because i am starting. i have heard 2 to 3 hours but i am not sure
                  thx,
                  mike
                  08-28-2004, 04:27 PM
                • OA_Singer
                  Help cleaning goats please
                  by OA_Singer
                  Hello,

Can anyone offer advise on how to clean fancy dance angora anklets? They have a canvas back and are sewn into tubes, so they don't open.

Many Thanks,

Bill
                  08-17-2016, 05:44 AM
                • StereoTypicalHarley
                  Am I a "Wannabe"?
                  by StereoTypicalHarley

Ok, i've seen all these threads trashin "wanabe's", and I agree.

But here's my delimma:

I'm tsalagi, with no card, because for whatever reason my ancestors didn't sign the rolls. I have brown hair, green eyes and light freckles. I would...
                  05-17-2008, 06:39 PM
                  my volunteer time
                  by Guest
                  I volunteer in the cascade raptor center.

Believe me there is nothing like working with all these lovely birds. www.eraptors.org The Balds are so different than the Goldens the Bald as we say in Raptor world BAEA where found as adults and they got to get to know you to be ok with...
                  10-25-2005, 03:22 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X