Roach feathers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach feathers?

whats everyone's opinion on rocker vs spinners for their roach feathers. Also you opinion on the homemade (leather) spreader vs the stamped (metal) spreaders?

Originally posted by Colton Grube View Post
    whats everyone's opinion on rocker vs spinners for their roach feathers. Also you opinion on the homemade (leather) spreader vs the stamped (metal) spreaders?

Many fancy dancers have both a rocker and spinners. During an outdoor powwow on a windy day, spinners have their advantage.

The choice between a leather, metal or fiberglass spreader are up to the preference of each dancer.

I can make a temporary spinner or rocker with cardboard, duct tape and coat hanger on the fly if I have to.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Real NDN men can make anything out of duct tape and a coat hanger. :) Add a lawn mower motor and some wheelbarrow parts and my cousin's boy will make you a go-cart, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
        Many fancy dancers have both a rocker and spinners. During an outdoor powwow on a windy day, spinners have their advantage.

The choice between a leather, metal or fiberglass spreader are up to the preference of each dancer.

I can make a temporary spinner or rocker with cardboard, duct tape and coat hanger on the fly if I have to.

I understand it's a preference thing. I currently have a leather spinner and I'm just wondering if there are any advantages to making or buying a rocker as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton Grube View Post
          I understand it's a preference thing. I currently have a leather spinner and I'm just wondering if there are any advantages to making or buying a rocker as well.

Homemade ones work mo' betta'
          Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

the leather spreaders you can trim to your liking.....with stamped metal you kinda stuck with what you got
            "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Plastic canisters.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

35mm film containers

Comment

Originally posted by alumphfres View Post
                  35mm film containers
                  Yup

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X