Pheasant Feathered Bustle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pheasant Feathered Bustle

I just saw a pheasant feathered bustle at an Oklahoma powwow. I haven't seen one of those since the late great fancy dancer, Elmer Brown was alive. Pheasants are not Native to the Americas and were imported from China.

It's good to see this bustle style make a come back into the arena!
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

I was just thinking the same thing this morning my lil guy needs a new chicken dance bustle and I was seriously thinking of getting him one made with pheasant feathers
    lisaironmaker

Comment

Please excuse my notherness - like this one here?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG729eMxHDY

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
      I just saw a pheasant feathered bustle at an Oklahoma powwow. I haven't seen one of those since the late great fancy dancer, Elmer Brown was alive. Pheasants are not Native to the Americas and were imported from China.

It's good to see this bustle style make a come back into the arena!
      Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

Originally posted by LISA IRONMAKER View Post
        I was just thinking the same thing this morning my lil guy needs a new chicken dance bustle and I was seriously thinking of getting him one made with pheasant feathers
        Good time of year for it - they're just getting nervy over here in Minnesota, lots of 'em wind up taking a permanent nap on the side of the road.
        Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

Ohh wow I love that style of bustles thx for sharing the video that is totally different too interesting....gawd I know those lil nervy pheasant are all over the road here too I been threating to run over them hahahahaha haven't yet though.
          lisaironmaker

Comment

Yeah I really don't like this picture.
            snaptube telegram web
            Last edited by Arsoy; 01-27-2020, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.