Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you Help Please ?

Hello Everyone,

I have joined this forum hoping that someone can help me...I live in Australia and have been left this stunning antique headdress from a family member.

Would you be so kind as to help me work out if it is genuine or not

The headdress is fully lined with the soft purple satin material that has stamped on it - "Somerset Hunt Cap" ....I found this is an old English company....which I am hoping they can help me with the background of it story.

I was told they are genuine Bald Eagle Feathers, which I do know they are illegal in your country..... this is an antique headpiece made in the early 1950's or before....I am trying to get its story if I can.....

Would you all be so kind as to help me and try to view the feathers for me and confirm the authenticity of the Bald Eagle.

I know turkey feathers well and they don't look like them - but in those days I don't know.

I am looking at selling this piece if I can to return it to its Native Land....but first of all I want to be 100% that it is "fully genuine"
    I sincerely would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

not real
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Trust WD. He knows his eagle feathers. Those aren't even particularly good replicas.

Comment

Thank you all so very much .. I will stick with my feathers &#128521

Comment

Not even Bald

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

No JD , you aren't going bald !
            I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
            It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
              No JD , you aren't going bald !
              I did get a couple more gray hairs.

Now I have ten.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                I did get a couple more gray hairs.

Now I have ten.

May be we can do a barter, grey hairs against non gray hairs?

And I strongly support WD that you are not going bald.
                Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
                Show me, and I will understand.
                Involve me, and I will learn.”
                Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                Courage to change the things I can,
                And wisdom to know the difference.
                Living one day at a time,
                Enjoying one moment at a time,
                Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
                (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.