Pieces to feather dance set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pieces to feather dance set

Hello Everyone. I grew up attending dances a few times a year with my grandparents and me and my brothers enjoyed feather, or fancy dancing as we called it. My cousin is interested in getting back in to the tradition but I'm afraid none of us will be able to continue using the regalia we grew up with. My grandfather built each set for us back then and taught my cousin how to do most of the bead-work and crafting part of it. However I have searched online extensively for a diagram that shows what is all included in a fancy feather dancer set but I have no luck. Would anyone here be able to provide me with a list of what is required so we can get started?

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• wildrain
    Washington Dance Teacher
    by wildrain
    Halito!

My name is Taylor Rain, I resign in the Choctaw Tribe, If I may awkwardly ask if there are any teachers, dancers, or elders in the Washington State area or you know of to get in touch with on learning to dance. I come with tobacco and gifts to bear for guidance and my heart is in...
    01-11-2017, 05:25 PM
  • BeadMan
    Fancy Dance Beadwork
    by BeadMan
    I just got back from a trip to Oklahoma where I had a wonderful conversation with a Kiowa man and a Pawnee man about fancy dance and its hitory and also its future. The topic of outfits came up and we started talking about beadwork. Their views were that less beadwork is seen among dancers today and...
    04-10-2003, 03:20 AM
  • lildreamer
    Fancy Dancing
    by lildreamer
    I have wanted ot dance at Powwows since I was five. But back then I was way to shy to leave my mothers side neverless dance infront of alot of people. But now that I'm older I have started looking back into it. My parents are not as into my Native American backgrond and tradition as much as me and my...
    03-27-2003, 06:17 PM
  • Fancy_Shawl_CG
    Um...Hello?
    by Fancy_Shawl_CG
    Hi my fellow powwow people out there! I'm new, duh! I'm going to try to find my way around and may occasionally ask for help.

A little about me:
    I started attending the local powwow when I was seven and the Fancy Shawl girls enchanted me. I went for 3 more years before a pair of...
    11-01-2007, 10:34 PM
  • chahtaprincess
    what to learn to fancy for MIW pagent
    by chahtaprincess
    Hey guys,

im going to run in the Miss Indian World pagent and I would much rather dance Fancy Shawl instead of Traditional Cloth... I live in Sarasota, FLorida and it is really hard to find someone that will be able to teach me... I have until April to learn and make my dress but I think...
    06-26-2006, 02:19 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X