Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does it cost???

Hello,

would there be any Fancy Dancer who may tell me how much (minimum - maximum) a full outfit can cost?

Moreover, I noticed by watching some pictures from the 1950s or 60s that, by that time, the outfit were much different. Does anybody know how much it could cost back in the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s.

Moreover, do you think there has been some fashion in the way the outfit were made? Like, have you changed some parts on your outfit because an element became popular?

:)

The final cost really depends on how fancy you want it to be and how many sales you happen to hit. I'd say it can be done for between $150 -$350 USD ( and even higher if you wanted). All said and done, I think I spent about $400 USD on my regalia. I did all the sewing and construction myself - so that number is just "parts" and doesn't include labor. Expect the dollar amount to double if you are paying someone else.

ON that note, am I ever glad I learned how to sew ;)
    Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

All together in Canada the cost can be up to $1500 before labour for a fancy outfit if you want a really nice outfit.
      "If God wanted me to be a white man he would have done so in the first place" -Sitting Bull

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X