hair ornaments for fancy dancers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hair ornaments for fancy dancers

well i got a lot of eagle fluffs and feathers and plumes from my grandfather this weekend as a gift and i dont know what to do with them. could i make hair ornaments such as a scalp feather or a scalp lock or even a visor? (i never seen it on fancy but its cool) ihow bout a hair stick, well can someone give me ideas that i can use it on ?? what have you seen on fancy dancers heads?? thanks for the replys,bye.

hair drops

Well for fancy dancers you could if you had about 3 to 4 inch feathers make a hair drop if they are to long being a fancy dancers you will tear them up easily. i have see just bundle up plumes one or two and attach them to the scalp braid and hang it off the side of the head. and if you have little feathers they bundle a bunch up and do them the same way as the plumes.but fancy dancers usually don't wear visors but it depends on the tribe that you come from. I just know that my tribe does not wear a visor period.

Comment

I've never seen fancy dancers wear visors. Looks like it would get in the way to me. You could use some of the feathers as drops on a roach pin, or fluffs and plumes on the end of the roach pin as well. If the feathers are large enough, you could make a nice set of scalp feathers. Just a couple of suggestions.

Brad
      If you are what you eat.... I'm fast, cheap and easy.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• fly_high_life
        Hair feathers
        by fly_high_life
        Ok, so I looked for this info on here and couldn't find it. Maybe I'm just retarted, haha. So, if anyone knows of another thread abt this, please gimme a link! Thanks.

So I have been wondering. What's the best way you know of to attach feathers in your hair? Not a visor or anything, but...
        06-17-2008, 08:37 PM
      • contemptradish
        Scalp feathers
        by contemptradish
        Ok out there- everyone who's put together scalp feathers before, this one goes out to you.

I want to attach a new set of flicker feathers to the bottom of my roach so they'll still flop around as I dance. What have you all found is the best way to do it? I used to use hawk feathers...
        05-28-2005, 05:48 PM
      • Black Eagle
        Bugs
        by Black Eagle
        I made a roach a few years ago, and from the porky hair I started with, I had a bunch left over. I gave that roach to a friend and now I am starting on a new one. I bought a bunch more porky hair and had the leftovers from my last project shipped to me from my home in VA. Well, when I opened the...
        01-19-2002, 04:05 AM
      • chibi
        Wearing feathers
        by chibi
        My friend recently gifted me with a large eagle feather, and told me I could either dance with it, or wear it in my hair. I would like to wear it in my hair. It's a large feather, about seven or eight inches long with nice bit of plumage at the bottom. I know jingle dress dancers don't traditionally...
        09-17-2012, 01:11 PM
      • WhoMe
        Pheasant feathers
        by WhoMe
        Why do many chicken dancers prefer to wear long pheasant tail feathers in their roaches? Pheasant feathers were transplanted to the American plains from China.

Are there any rules to how many one can wear or how the plumage is arranged on each feather?
        01-18-2010, 03:10 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎