Who's going to Carnegie for the 4th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to Carnegie for the 4th?

The three Kiowa Gourd Dance organizations are having their annual celebrations next week. The Kiowa Gourd Clan (Carnegie Park), The Kiowa Tia Piah of Carnegie (Chieftan Park, south of Carnegie) and Kiowa Tia Piah of Oklahoma (Tia Piah Park, north of Lawton).

On many gourd dance threads, people continually refer to these dances as a place to learn good gourd dance traditions and proper protocol.

Who is headed down there for these dances?
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Originally posted by WhoMe
    Kiowa Gourd Clan (Carnegie Park)
    :Wave

Comment

I might be there if my other plans fall threw for the fourth......If I do go I gonna try to sing!!! love singing in Kiowa country!!! What about all of yall? what are yall gonna be doing? and maybe I will sing some 49!
      Dayum I make some keen DrumSticks!!!!!!sigpic

Comment

I'll be there camping so come by and visit. Have a piece of watermelon and play some horseshoes with me.
        Kio-Manche
        Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

*i Was There!*

Yuppers, I Was There This Year At Carnegie Park!
          Just Want To Send A Big Shoutz-Out To My Bro Charles For Getting Inducted Into The Gourd Dance Society This Year!
          When He Picked Up Whitebear's Spear And Danced With It... Nothin Better All Weekend *L*

Comment

Carnegie Park

Ah-Day,
            Wasn't it great! For me, Carnegie on the 4th is the highlight of the year for me. It don't get no betta than that. I think my favorite time was Sunday night as the sun was starting to go down. By then, all the dancers that were going to be there were there, and it was packed! What was it the MC said? "Gourd Dance Capital of the World"! Shoot, just 360 days to go!
            Kio-Manche
            Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=AhDay_EveryDay]Yuppers, I Was There This Year At Carnegie Park!QUOTE]

And I was there too.
              My little boy was gettin' it!!!-Rabbits
              Chuck made it in, good for him.

Comment

2006?

So who's going to Carnegie this year? I'll be there for sure. WhoMe? .......
                Kio-Manche
                Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Numunu1971
                  So who's going to Carnegie this year? I'll be there for sure. WhoMe? .......
                  I'll be there.

Maybe WhoMiniMe will be there, too? Can't wait to see her. :)

You camping out again this year, Numunu1971?
                  Scott Zotigh
                  Kiowa Black Leggings
                  Kiowa Gourd Clan
                  Kiowa Tiah Piah
                  Kiowa Marine Veterans
                  American Indian Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Zotigh
                    I'll be there.

Maybe WhoMiniMe will be there, too? Can't wait to see her. :)

You camping out again this year, Numunu1971?
                    Heya Zotigh! Yes, I'm definitely camping out again. I think I saw you there last year. I think you were with your brother, and did the flag retreat? I wasn't sure, I should have asked. If I see you this year, I'll be sure to yank on your sash....
                    Kio-Manche
                    Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Numunu1971
                      ...I think I saw you there last year. I think you were with your brother, and did the flag retreat?...
                      Yeah...that was us.

I was the galloot messing up the retreat by starting the fold wrong and fighting against the wind. LOL What a mess!!

Cya there, bud!
                      Scott Zotigh
                      Kiowa Black Leggings
                      Kiowa Gourd Clan
                      Kiowa Tiah Piah
                      Kiowa Marine Veterans
                      American Indian Veterans

Comment

Ohhhh yes. Count me IN!

I am trying to talk KCQuapaw into coming down to so she can see what "real gourd dancing" is all about!

Does anybody know if the work weekend is June 24th or July 1st???
                        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

(crossin toes) lol we'll be there ...campin 13 miles the other way lol..hope to see ya'll (smiles)

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe
                            Ohhhh yes. Count me IN!

I am trying to talk KCQuapaw into coming down to so she can see what "real gourd dancing" is all about!

Does anybody know if the work weekend is June 24th or July 1st???
                            Clean up day is June 24th, tell KC Quapaw to come on June 24th and we'll hand her a rake. Ha, ha, ha....Just kiddin'.
                            Kio-Manche
                            Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

I might be going..
                              I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...victorious -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X