compositions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compositions

Is it possible for someone not of Gourd Clan/Society to compose a Gourd Dance Song?

I've heard of situations where some notible (sp?) people....and they weren't recognized.

What do you say?

LSS
    To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Sure you Can~ as long as its not choppy and white sounding then your in the clear...and as long as its not corny
    :indian2: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME IM FINE:muscles:

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

Hey thanks for the encouragement. I've got something that would fit very well during the time when we sing Mustang Songs. Will have to see how it "hashes out".
      To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Comment

Originally posted by LSS
        Hey thanks for the encouragement. I've got something that would fit very well during the time when we sing Mustang Songs. Will have to see how it "hashes out".

No no no no no....there are plenty of "mustang" songs out there...LEARN the old ones before you try to bring anymore out. Im pretty sure there are songs you dont know yet...LEARN EM

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

Originally posted by SBZ4life
          No no no no no....there are plenty of "mustang" songs out there...LEARN the old ones before you try to bring anymore out. Im pretty sure there are songs you dont know yet...LEARN EM
          Spend a summer in Oklahoma then you can learn lots and lots of songs you probably never heard....!
          Dayum I make some keen DrumSticks!!!!!!sigpic

Comment

...lol....

No....I wasn't saying what I got "IS" a mustang song....I wouldn't dare try to say that was a Mustang Song...just that it has qualities like a mustang song.

Comment

Originally posted by LSS
              ...lol....

No....I wasn't saying what I got "IS" a mustang song....I wouldn't dare try to say that was a Mustang Song...just that it has qualities like a mustang song.
              __

I got'chur "has the qualities like a mustang song!"

Pulls up with TaShunka Luta in her Mustang. . .

VROOOOOM . . . VROOOOOOOOOMMMMmmm! *L
              Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

To me its kinda like making a song for another tribe. Does that make any sense? BUT hey its your song, do what you will

Comment

It costs me more in fines for off-beats than I spend on 'Indian Tacos" when I sit at the drum...so, I was hoping that someone like "WhoMe" would respond to this thread.

But, I was also wanting to know how it was viewed for others to compose Gourd Dance songs.

WhoMe, being a Kiowa singer and Gourd Clan member...I was hoping he'd post a thought.

What is the protocol for non-Kiowa Gourd Dance songs, WhoMe?

Some of us non-singers would like to know, too.

Thanks in advance.
                  Scott Zotigh
                  Kiowa Black Leggings
                  Kiowa Gourd Clan
                  Kiowa Tiah Piah
                  Kiowa Marine Veterans
                  American Indian Veterans

Comment

LSS~Maybe you could sing your song around your area and not cause a big deal in KIOWA country~~Ever been to Carniege Oklahoma ? DONT EVER GO!!!!!!!

Comment

Yea, I'd agree with that!
                      Those crazy pueblos and navajo's around here do that all the time.When one of theme break one out get ready for a show! Line dancen and all! But OH well!!!
                      Southern Boy

Comment

Originally posted by SBZ4life
                        Ever been to Carniege Oklahoma ? DONT EVER GO!!!!!!!
                        I would agree with never wanting to go there....or darko, or lawton.....*L* But all for other reasons. :Chatter

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

don't be scared of Kiowa country!!!
                          Dayum I make some keen DrumSticks!!!!!!sigpic

Comment

It's not the country I'm skeerd of.....

it's dem Key-o-wahs (As John Wayne used to call em)

You Kiowa boys are rowdy. :Chatter

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

I'm not Kiowa....but...who ain't rowdy every now and again?

LSS

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X