Kiowa Gourd Clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiowa Gourd Clan

I was just wondering who's all going to the fourth of july ceremonials in Carnegie...I know i'm going and i can't wait!!! Especially camping and seeing real Kiowas Gourd Dance and seeing how it is suppose to be...

Originally posted by bote_n_biscuits
    I was just wondering who's all going to the fourth of july ceremonials in Carnegie...I know i'm going and i can't wait!!! Especially camping and seeing real Kiowas Gourd Dance and seeing how it is suppose to be...

Bote,

Two of my friends are having giveaways on Monday, the 4th in honor of joining "The Clan" last year.

One of them is Laguna Pueblo and the other is Otoe!

So I'm gonna be there on the 4th to support them.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

I'll be there! Ready to do some dancing!!!
      Kio-Manche
      Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

Would you please eat dance and go back to camp to eat some more for me? I wish I could be there with you guys this year. I'm just not having a good year to go to a lot of dances right now. Numunu: maybe next year I can come down to dance with you. Good dancing guys.
        BOB

Comment

I thought the Kiowa Gourd Clan was suppose to be for Kiowas only. When did they open up the membership? Now, they might as well call it the All Nations Gourd Clan. I don't remember where it was but at some pow wow I heard one Kiowa elder say that they now regret the fact that the dance is now all over the place since the other organizations don't dance it right.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaindew
            I thought the Kiowa Gourd Clan was suppose to be for Kiowas only. When did they open up the membership? Now, they might as well call it the All Nations Gourd Clan. I don't remember where it was but at some pow wow I heard one Kiowa elder say that they now regret the fact that the dance is now all over the place since the other organizations don't dance it right.

Uh, there's a lot of members who aren't Kiowa.

Those who aren't Kiowa still bring honor to the Kiowa Gourd Clan. Many support the year-round activities of the KGC. These individuals (as opposed to "other organizations") are respectful of the Kiowa gourd dance and learn from dancing at this prestigious Kiowa Gourd Clan ceremony.

"We'll be taking in new members next week. All we ask is that they be Indian." Kiowa Headsman, Kiowa Gourd Clan, Saturday, June 25, 2005 - (KGC Work Day).

Comment

Is that Tim's new name? lol. "Kiowa Headsman". We'll have to tease him about that one.

My husband and our family is there every year because he is one of the original members of the revived organization. Our daughter Samantha is the head lady dancer this year, and our two nephews are being initiated. So we're very busy right now trying to finish up getting ready, but I ALWAYS have time to check out the haps on powwows.com. lol. (Since I'm from a northern tribe and married in, our camp is the only one that has wild rice every year....hehehehe).

Samantha is laughing at me and telling me that I might as well post our menu on here, but I'm not taking it that far. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ndnMSW
                Is that Tim's new name? lol. "Kiowa Headsman". We'll have to tease him about that one.

My husband and our family is there every year because he is one of the original members of the revived organization. Our daughter Samantha is the head lady dancer this year, and our two nephews are being initiated. So we're very busy right now trying to finish up getting ready, but I ALWAYS have time to check out the haps on powwows.com. lol. (Since I'm from a northern tribe and married in, our camp is the only one that has wild rice every year....hehehehe).

Samantha is laughing at me and telling me that I might as well post our menu on here, but I'm not taking it that far. lol.

Hold on. . . before you tease Tim....

He was not the one who said it!

___

oooooh I like wild rice!

Comment

Okay, Samantha's bad (she gave me the faulty info) .........she'll have to tease Glenn. I'll tease Tim about being "Vice-Headsman". lol.

Come on over to the camp for wild rice.....you know where we camp. I save the rice for the 4th.

The ceremonials are alot of work for us, but it's always an enjoyable time. I missed most of it last year because my baby was just a newborn, but this year she'll be at the camp getting into everything!

Comment

Originally posted by ndnMSW
                    Okay, Samantha's bad (she gave me the faulty info) .........she'll have to tease Glenn. I'll tease Tim about being "Vice-Headsman". lol.

Come on over to the camp for wild rice.....you know where we camp. I save the rice for the 4th.

The ceremonials are alot of work for us, but it's always an enjoyable time. I missed most of it last year because my baby was just a newborn, but this year she'll be at the camp getting into everything!

ndnM,

*LOL .... It wasn't Glenn either!

You spoil them Kgoy-goo too much (with your wild rice). Dang....

It makes some of them....... rather wild*

*L

Comment

WhoMe,

Giveaways are to be done on the days before the last day.

Who was it that your quoted?

("We'll be taking in new memeber next week. All we ask is that they be indian." Kiowa Headsman, Kiowas Gourd Clan, Saturday, June 25, 2005 - (KGC WorkDay).)
                      Last edited by ladysinger; 06-29-2005, 05:45 PM.
                      undefinedwww.myspace.com/ladysingerkiowa

Comment

Ill be there!

I 'll be there with bells on! lol Looking foreward to selling tickets and meeting new people.
                        Southern Boy

Comment

Can only be there on Saturday. :(

But, at least I'll get to dance for one day. :)

Look forward to seeing you.

(Carnegie-daw)
                          Scott Zotigh
                          Kiowa Black Leggings
                          Kiowa Gourd Clan
                          Kiowa Tiah Piah
                          Kiowa Marine Veterans
                          American Indian Veterans

Comment

Hi everyone I will be in Carnegie on Sunday. We will be feeding a meal in honor of my cousin Mr. Quintana so when everyone hears that we are serving come on over and make you a plate I will be serving the food! Just ask for SAM

SAM

What don't kill you, only makes you stronger!!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe
                              Uh, there's a lot of members who aren't Kiowa. . . Many support the year-round activities of the KGC. . .
                              Both the Otoe and Laguna Pueblo friend, that I mentioned, drove a long ways to put up the arbor at last weeks KGC work day. One drove from Ft. Worth and the other from Oklahoma City.

They are both going to make good members.

___

Ladysinger,

I HUBZ'ed you to tell you which headsman made that announcement.
                              __

CrzyInDN,

I'll look forward to buying a ticket from you! I forgot you were brought in last year. In anycase it will be good to see you again. Have a safe trip from "PyeYeeGah!"
                              __

Zotigh,

I may miss you then. I will be coming in Sunday night. I am looking at pictures I took with you in front of that little tipi!
                              __

Shyann,

I have been invited to come to TooneyandKaren's camp to eat. I look forward to meeting you at their camp.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.