Questionable website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Zotigh
    A history of the Gourd Dance.
    by Zotigh
    My cousin Dennis wrote a very good article on the Kiowa Gourd Dance that I'd like to share here. It was printed as an article in the Indian Country Today publication.

(My grandmother, were she alive today, would point out that the Red Wolf was not wearing a...
    05-29-2004, 09:59 PM
  • Josiah
    Encyclopedia version of the Gourd Dance
    by Josiah
    I surf the internet alot and occasional run across bits of information that i have to share.
    I was reading this entry in the encyclopedia and it struck me that there were things in here that I have never heard of!
    I am no expert and do not claim to know everything, that is not possible....
    08-02-2006, 12:36 PM
  • WhoMe
    Gourd Dance Origins
    by WhoMe
    So far, many Kiowas have given their reasoning for why they believe they began the gourd dance.

The Cheyenne-Arapaho, Comanche and Ponca also have claimed at one time or another that the gourd dance and/or songs are a part of their history. Any Comment?

Also there are many...
    03-29-2004, 03:17 PM
  • WhoMe
    Kiowa Gourd Clan dates
    by WhoMe
    Much has been posted about the Kiowa and the Gourd Dance on Powwows.com. Many times the answers to questions have been, "go to visit the Kiowa in order to witness for yourself."

With this, the following dates have been chosen by the Kiowa Gourd Clan to hold their "benefit...
    03-03-2005, 11:06 AM
  • Kio-Manche
    From the Daily Oklahoman:
    by Kio-Manche
    From the Daily Oklahoman:
    Gourd dancers uphold their tradition's purity

CARNEGIE -- For the first time ever, the Ahdokobo men danced together last week.
    Shaking rattles on beaded sticks and draped in red and blue blankets, Allen Dale Ahdokobo and his three sons two-stepped...
    07-09-2006, 02:51 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X