X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josiah
    A good polish is NEVRDULL
    you can get that at any Autoparts store
    I sanded mine with ever finer sandpaper untill i got to 2000 grit then when to polish cloths and polishing compound
    Thanks for the information. I'll give it a try....Kio-Manche
    Kio-Manche
    Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

i found a set of crome salt and pepper shakers about the right size in the barbecue section at walmart didn't like the ones from crazy crow to hard to keep clean and dent free

Comment

Originally posted by rodond
        i found a set of crome salt and pepper shakers about the right size in the barbecue section at walmart didn't like the ones from crazy crow to hard to keep clean and dent free
        I use to use rocks. BB's and various other things in my gourd and they would dent away the can
        But a friend of mine told me about popcorn! And just the popcorn that is left over in a bowl that has been popped.
        They are completly without water now and wont break,
        but they make a very nice sound and best yet won't dent your gourd!
        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
        Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah
          I use to use rocks. BB's and various other things in my gourd and they would dent away the can
          But a friend of mine told me about popcorn! And just the popcorn that is left over in a bowl that has been popped.
          They are completly without water now and wont break,
          but they make a very nice sound and best yet won't dent your gourd!
          The thing I really like about that idea is the fact that there is actually a use for those dang unpopped kernels. LOL. Thanks Josiah and Rodond.....Kio-Manche
          Kio-Manche
          Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

While we are talking rattles, does anyone have suggestions on making the tassel that sits atop the rattle? The horsehair on the last one I made became a little uncontrolable, so I was wondering if there were some hints I could try on the next one. Thanks in advance for the help.

Jon

Comment

have seen some maded with small macall feathers that look pretty good

Comment

I was taught that natural gourd rattles are for Peyote Ceremonies and religious dances and that Metal shakers are for gourd dancing. Southern Cheyenne.

Comment

Originally posted by RedMoonClanFan View Post
                  I was taught that natural gourd rattles are for Peyote Ceremonies and religious dances and that Metal shakers are for gourd dancing. Southern Cheyenne.
                  That is a pretty common belief ! I was taught the same. With that said there are a lot of folks that use either. I'm also Southern Cheyenne.
                  I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                  It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.