Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge Gourd Dance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Huge Gourd Dance

    VETERAN’S DAY GOURD DANCE


    Tulsa Convention Center
    November 11 & 12, 2006

    Sponsored by the Native American Times
    12833 E. 41st St. • Tulsa, OK74146
    Phone (918) 438-6548 • Fax (918) 438-6545
    CONTACT: ADAM PROCTOR FOR BOOTH INFORMATION


    INVITED GROUPS"

    Kiowa Gourd Clan
    Osage Gourd Clan
    Cherokee Gourd Society
    Commanche Little Ponies
    Lenapi Gourd Clan
    Absentee Shawnee
    Delaware War
    Mother Society
    Pawnee Veteran’s
    And More
    Expected



    AGENDA • November 11th
    Saturday Morning – Raise The Flags
    Grand Entry Honor Guards
    1:00–5:00 p.m. Gourd Dance
    5:00–6:00 p.m. Supper Break
    6:00–10:00 p.m. Gourd Dance
    Retire Flags

    AGENDA • November 12th
    Sunday Morning – Raise The Flags
    1:00–5:30 p.m. Gourd Dance and Specials

    The Native Times Invites you to join Gourd Dancers, Veteran’s, War Mother Societies,
    ROTC Jr., & ROTC in honor of our Native American Veterans
    Sponsorship Opportunites Available - 918-438-6548
    Call Sean Sapulpa ([email protected]) or Adam Proctor ([email protected])
    at 918-438-6548.

    Don’t Miss The Honor Guards Performance!

    1ST ANNUAL EVENT TO BENEFIT NATIVE AMERICAN STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS

  • #2
    I've already been making plans to attend this, it ought to be a good one. I look to see alot of familiar faces there.

    Comment


    • #3
      This should be a really big Dance
      Get the word out
      We all should be there
      Especially the Vets out there!
      ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
      Till I Die!

      Comment


      • #4
        I've been in contact with a few already, copied and pasted the info and sent it ahead.

        If you make it over Josiah stop and say hi, it would be good to meet a fellow Cherokee gourd dancer from here.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by streamhawk
          I've been in contact with a few already, copied and pasted the info and sent it ahead.

          If you make it over Josiah stop and say hi, it would be good to meet a fellow Cherokee gourd dancer from here.
          Yes, very good!

          How are you?
          Still powwows each and every weekend?
          Hugs from Germany...

          Comment


          • #6
            Not every weekend, but most weekends yes, S. Good to see you! Have a great weekend.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by streamhawk
              I've been in contact with a few already, copied and pasted the info and sent it ahead.

              If you make it over Josiah stop and say hi, it would be good to meet a fellow Cherokee gourd dancer from here.
              I have marked this on my Calendar and plan to attend the Big Show
              I am hoping it will be a really big dance with Hundreds of Gourd Dancers!!!
              ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
              Till I Die!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by streamhawk
                Not every weekend, but most weekends yes, S. Good to see you! Have a great weekend.
                Thank you, B! Always nice to see you! Send me some pics -
                I'd love it! And enjoy your WE....Hug!

                Comment


                • #9
                  In the '80's, they had a huge gourd dance similar to this, in Oklahoma City, at the Myriad Convention Center. It was sponsored by the US Postal Service. Does anybody remember this?

                  They also invited every gourd dance organization in the region.

                  It was spectacular!

                  Many of the gourd dancers wore their traditional cloths with pride in representing their host gourd dance organization.

                  As I recollect, there were over 200 gourd dancers.

                  It was THE biggest gourd dance I have ever been to!



                  Thank you for posting this Indian-Heart-beat!!!
                  Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Who's head singer for this event? I hope someone good! lol
                    Southern Boy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Looking forward to dancing with my brothers on veterns day.
                      What time is the opening cerimonies Saturday?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pass the word

                        Originally posted by indian-heart-beat
                        VETERAN’S DAY GOURD DANCE


                        Tulsa Convention Center
                        November 11 & 12, 2006

                        Sponsored by the Native American Times
                        12833 E. 41st St. • Tulsa, OK74146
                        Phone (918) 438-6548 • Fax (918) 438-6545
                        CONTACT: ADAM PROCTOR FOR BOOTH INFORMATION


                        INVITED GROUPS"

                        Kiowa Gourd Clan
                        Osage Gourd Clan
                        Cherokee Gourd Society
                        Commanche Little Ponies
                        Lenapi Gourd Clan
                        Absentee Shawnee
                        Delaware War
                        Mother Society
                        Pawnee Veteran’s
                        And More
                        Expected



                        AGENDA • November 11th
                        Saturday Morning – Raise The Flags
                        Grand Entry Honor Guards
                        1:00–5:00 p.m. Gourd Dance
                        5:00–6:00 p.m. Supper Break
                        6:00–10:00 p.m. Gourd Dance
                        Retire Flags

                        AGENDA • November 12th
                        Sunday Morning – Raise The Flags
                        1:00–5:30 p.m. Gourd Dance and Specials

                        The Native Times Invites you to join Gourd Dancers, Veteran’s, War Mother Societies,
                        ROTC Jr., & ROTC in honor of our Native American Veterans
                        Sponsorship Opportunites Available - 918-438-6548
                        Call Sean Sapulpa ([email protected]) or Adam Proctor ([email protected])
                        at 918-438-6548.

                        Don’t Miss The Honor Guards Performance!

                        1ST ANNUAL EVENT TO BENEFIT NATIVE AMERICAN STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
                        I have been emailing and passing the word on this event
                        So if you know anyone that has not heard about it tell them
                        This can be a very huge dance if we can get the organizarions to attend
                        I heard them mention it at the Stillwater powwow last weekend and there were gourd dancers there that had not heard about it
                        So pass the word!!!
                        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                        Till I Die!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pass the Word

                          Originally posted by Josiah
                          I have been emailing and passing the word on this event
                          So if you know anyone that has not heard about it tell them
                          This can be a very huge dance if we can get the organizarions to attend
                          I heard them mention it at the Stillwater powwow last weekend and there were gourd dancers there that had not heard about it
                          So pass the word!!!
                          ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                          Till I Die!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Pass the Word

                            Originally posted by indian-heart-beat
                            VETERAN’S DAY GOURD DANCE


                            Tulsa Convention Center
                            November 11 & 12, 2006

                            Sponsored by the Native American Times
                            12833 E. 41st St. • Tulsa, OK74146
                            Phone (918) 438-6548 • Fax (918) 438-6545
                            CONTACT: ADAM PROCTOR FOR BOOTH INFORMATION


                            INVITED GROUPS"

                            Kiowa Gourd Clan
                            Osage Gourd Clan
                            Cherokee Gourd Society
                            Commanche Little Ponies
                            Lenapi Gourd Clan
                            Absentee Shawnee
                            Delaware War
                            Mother Society
                            Pawnee Veteran’s
                            And More
                            Expected



                            AGENDA • November 11th
                            Saturday Morning – Raise The Flags
                            Grand Entry Honor Guards
                            1:00–5:00 p.m. Gourd Dance
                            5:00–6:00 p.m. Supper Break
                            6:00–10:00 p.m. Gourd Dance
                            Retire Flags

                            AGENDA • November 12th
                            Sunday Morning – Raise The Flags
                            1:00–5:30 p.m. Gourd Dance and Specials

                            The Native Times Invites you to join Gourd Dancers, Veteran’s, War Mother Societies,
                            ROTC Jr., & ROTC in honor of our Native American Veterans
                            Sponsorship Opportunites Available - 918-438-6548
                            Call Sean Sapulpa ([email protected]) or Adam Proctor ([email protected])
                            at 918-438-6548.

                            Don’t Miss The Honor Guards Performance!

                            1ST ANNUAL EVENT TO BENEFIT NATIVE AMERICAN STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
                            ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                            Till I Die!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Actually I'm going down to Apache for a gourd dance that same weekend. And I think there's an honor dance for a Cozad that is gourd dance, and that ONE, I want to go to also! I'll look for the flyer and see if I can post it.
                              sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

                              "Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Loading...

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X