Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Year in Review

Its December and time to look back at 2007
    So what Dances stand out in your mind this year?

For me there are several dances that stand out in my mind as memorable for several reasons

Indian Hills 2007:
    The Hottest Gourd Dancing I have ever done
    Whew, I am not sure why because it was only in the 90's that day but for some reason it was especially hot this year
    And not in a good way either.

Western Heights 2007:
    It was a little one day powwow, but it sticks in my mind becuase of who I was dancing with and the singers at the drum. It was one of those dances that the good feelings stayed with us all day!

Kiowa Tia-Piah Annual:
    It rained hard before and there was lots of confusion when and where we would start but it did start and went off without a hitch
    Good feelings the entire three days.

Hataks Memorial:
    It was an amazing day, Over 50 gourd dancers and at least 8 different color guards showed up, from various tribes around the state. He was a former Marine and his boots and rifle was set up in the arena
    Powerful stuff

I have been to about 20 or so dances this year and have danced with alot of good folks
    I meet them while we dance and then I see them again at another dance and we shake hands and next thing I know I have made another good friend
    It is one of the reasons I love this dance
    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
    Till I Die!

Josiah, I made over 20 this year too, and I must say, practically all of them were good, there was one, let's say, "questionable" dance, but the odds were more in favor of good ones. I didn't make the 27 dances that I did last year, maybe I set the mark too high to follow, that and gas prices, heyyyy. The Cherokee National Holiday was a really good one, Bell was the hottest for me in August, after two day's of dancing, I lost about 7 pounds of sweat.

In the spring and even the summer this year, there were several that had to move inside due to rain, I prefer them outside, but they all ended up being good dances. I will make at least one over in your neck of the woods next year, looking forward to it too!

Comment

Originally posted by streamhawk View Post
      Josiah, I made over 20 this year too, and I must say, practically all of them were good, there was one, let's say, "questionable" dance, but the odds were more in favor of good ones. I didn't make the 27 dances that I did last year, maybe I set the mark too high to follow, that and gas prices, heyyyy. The Cherokee National Holiday was a really good one, Bell was the hottest for me in August, after two day's of dancing, I lost about 7 pounds of sweat.

In the spring and even the summer this year, there were several that had to move inside due to rain, I prefer them outside, but they all ended up being good dances. I will make at least one over in your neck of the woods next year, looking forward to it too!
      That reminds me
      The rains spolt me from dancing outside for awhile
      There were several dances that were held inside due to the rain over this summer
      We were inside dry and in Airconditioning
      LOL
      I guess that is why Indian Hills felt so much hotter this year!!!
      ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
      Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post

Western Heights 2007:
        It was a little one day powwow, but it sticks in my mind becuase of who I was dancing with and the singers at the drum. It was one of those dances that the good feelings stayed with us all day!
        Yeah I'll cosign on that one. Got to sing with my favorite singers, and lead a couple of songs.

Other dances: OKC Indian Club 2007, OU Spring 07, some others I can't remember off the top of my head...

Didn't get a chance to sing much before I left for the sandbox, but knowing what I'm missing has given me something to look forward to when I return.
        ***Edited for explicit content***

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeEater View Post
          Yeah I'll cosign on that one. Got to sing with my favorite singers, and lead a couple of songs.

Other dances: OKC Indian Club 2007, OU Spring 07, some others I can't remember off the top of my head...

Didn't get a chance to sing much before I left for the sandbox, but knowing what I'm missing has given me something to look forward to when I return.
          Good to see you back on the board SmokeEater! I hope that Uncle Sam is treating you well and that you're treating your guys well over there.

Well, due to weather, I missed my first opportunity for the Kiowa Tia Piah due to the weather. But I still got to see some good OK gourd dancing at Thunderbird thanks to Josiah and NDNKids! Thanks guys and I'll see you in 2008!
          "It doesn't really matter, they don't know any better anyway."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X