X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.......

Thought I would start a new Thread
    I recently made another Gourd for this year, I used it back in Jan
    Dang its been about 6 weeks since I danced!
    That is too long
    But been working Saturdays lately so its hard to get in a good session!

So how long has it been since you went to a Gourd Dance???
    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
    Till I Die!

I went about two (2) weeks ago. We had a good time then we had some good interTribal as well.
    BOB

Comment

Hey Josiah, I make shakers too, but always with the same outcome a gentle healing sound, now I have been approached to make some, but the guy wants loud noisy ones, any bright early ideas??????????
      Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
      Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

I am not Josiah, but would it be better to have brass beads if you want a louder shaker?

Comment

It is the fact that yes they are louder but it is the overall outside section that I need to get done to make the resonance chamber loud! Since I do art work on the outside it silences it again!
          Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
          Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibiki Kinew View Post
            Hey Josiah, I make shakers too, but always with the same outcome a gentle healing sound, now I have been approached to make some, but the guy wants loud noisy ones, any bright early ideas??????????
            Depending on the material of the shaker
            But the softer the material the bb's will dent the can

A german silver can you can use bb's in and gives it a totally different sound

I like my alum cans and materials that I use give it a good sound
            ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
            Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
              Thought I would start a new Thread
              I recently made another Gourd for this year, I used it back in Jan
              Dang its been about 6 weeks since I danced!
              That is too long
              But been working Saturdays lately so its hard to get in a good session!

So how long has it been since you went to a Gourd Dance???
              Saturday at Apache!

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Messenger View Post
                Saturday at Apache!
                Went to Red Rock the weekend before and last weekend was here in the city

Going down to Carnegie next weekend
                ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                Till I Die!

Comment

Saturday at Apache!
                  Dang I haven't been to Apache in about 4 years, this Aug it will be 5 years.

I think it's time I go back to a Dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
                    Went to Red Rock the weekend before and last weekend was here in the city

Going down to Carnegie next weekend
                    Yeah Josiah, Kiowa Tiah Piah Society was one of the Co-Host!

Comment

go ahead...

smear it in my face....dad nab it!

I haven't sat to sing any since January. Never really danced though...don't know if being honored would constitute dancing or not. If thats the case Seqoua High School was my first and about three months later I was honored again.

So...for me, I guess its been since July of last year.

We've gotta get more Gourd Dances (even if they're exhibitions) out this way. There are some of us know what they're doing.
                      To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

Yeah Josiah, Kiowa Tiah Piah Society was one of the Co-Host!
                        Funny thing about that! We recieved a newsletter from them today asking members to come out and support!
                        I think he meant to send it out last Wednesday...
                        But you know ndn time and all, instead of springing forward one hour he sprung back a week
                        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                        Till I Die!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X