White Star Gourd dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well????!!!??? I dunno 'bout that!!!!

I know they showed you two, but about the behaving thing????.....hmmmmmm.......jury is still out on that one!!!!!;) :Angel2 :devil :Angel2 :devil :Thinking :dontknow:
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Not only do the Moose and I always behave...we do it so very well...but for some reason, we always get in trouble!! Must be the cheesecake... aaay
      Pony

Comment

Thats right beaded pony, you guys always get in trouble for some reason. It always seems like your staying out of trouble to me................
        If I do not know the answer someone else will!!!!
        Also forgive me, this system does not have a spell check so forgive the bad spelling

Comment

Gourd Dance Regalia

I hope you had a great gourd dance session at your powwow. I've been gourd dancing since 1973, but at a recent wacipi I saw something new. At the Pourch Creek Thanksgiving Powwow, Atmore, Al. There was no gourd dancing (too bad). However, the eagle staff bearer was in full gound dance regalia. His blanket/shawl was not the traditional red and blue sections. It was green and red. After things got started, I did not get a chance to ask this army Vietnam vet about his use of colors. Does anyone out there know what simbolish is involved? I would appreciate an asswer either through this thread or at [email protected] Thanks much and keep on dancing.:)

Comment

:3: Just got back from Indy. Actually, Beadedpony and myself do behave. R I Whiteside: I've never seen a blanket green and red. :dontknow:

Comment

Hey straight dancer, no clue. The way we go we will not ask anyone untill september or october. HA HA
              Hey you wana do it I will let the head man know hehehehe...

Well hope to meet you real soon...............TMS
              Also forgive me, this system does not have a spell check so forgive the bad spelling

Comment

Hey Straight Dancer in AZ!!!

Yeah, you should come on out next year.
                I know its a long way though. But we get to sing a bunch.
                And with ECF its always a good time.
                See ya this weekend!!!!
                Aki-sha

Comment

Aki-sha,
                  It was good seeing you, even under those sad circumstances. Wish you and the Hornet could have stuck around longer.

It was a long trip home. Glad everyone made it there safely.

BTW...I've lost that great cheesecake recipe...so, I'm breaking up with ya. We can still be friends, can't we??

Take care.
                  Pony

Comment

Oh Geezzzz, Now we're gonna have a cheesecake riot fer sure!!
                    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Beaded Pony,
                      You lost the recipe??!!! Oh well, I guess we can still be friends. Straight Dancer and I visited the Cheescake Emporium in Albuquerque this past weekend, and boy was it some good stuff!!
                      Aki-sha

Comment

Waaaahhhhhh!!! :(

You guys went without me!!!! I hope you both get lots of big zits and won't be able to snag for months!!!
                        Pony

Comment

Hey BeadedPony,

Since you've cursed Aki-sha with big zits and snagless-ness, maybe now he'll copy the White Star tape for me like he said he would ;)

Oh, hi Aki! Didn't see you there.

Comment

Yea maybe I can get my copy too.................TMS

Comment

The curse which beaded pony placed on me has had no effect. Still snaggin' strong!! :Cooler

Dont worry guys, almost done with the cds
                              Aki-sha

Comment

Woo hoo! And you are so very snag-worthy!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X