Gourd Dance Drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gourd Dance Drum

Hi, my name is Jana Vaughan and I am the Coordinator for the 4th Annual Spirit of the Wolf Powwow and Annual Kiowa Gourd Dance. Please visit our powwow page at http://wolfgardens.org/pow-wow/. I am currently searching for a Host Drum for this powwow who is able to do Gourd Dance Songs. If anyone has any information for Drum contacts, please let me know on here or email jana[MENTION=49712]wolfgardens[/MENTION].org or janavaughan71[MENTION=77320]Gma[/MENTION]il.com.

Thank you and have a great day! (Come visit us at the pow wow this year!)

Don't forget to add the pow wow info into the calendar. Top left of the screen.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

Have you contacted any of the Cozads?
      BOB

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• LSS
        Getting Started
        by LSS
        I have question on getting a drum started singing Gourd Dance...

I am by no means a member of a Gourd Dance Society or am I from Oklahoma. However, I have been introduced to the Gourd Dance Ceremony and have sang during a Gourd Dance Ceremony on several occassions.

It...
        11-01-2003, 09:25 AM
      • CEM
        7th annual gourd dance in Indiana
        by CEM
        Dear Gourd Dancers,

I have posted the information for the 7th annual White Star Gourd Dance Society dance in November. Here is a link:

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/pw_...p?eventid=2842

Eric Lassiter is our head singer again....
        04-12-2004, 01:39 PM
      • Zotigh
        Drum in the middle.
        by Zotigh
        At the annual Kiowa Gourd Clan, and at the other Kiowa society dances the drum is not smack-dab in the middle of the circle where the dancers need to move. (Probably not healthy anyway with sharp lances dancing about and weapons going off...hehe (toh-kohn-gah))

I think that my personal...
        05-24-2004, 10:39 PM
      • WhoMe
        Drumbeat?
        by WhoMe
        I was singing gourd dance this past weekend. The head singer and the rest of the drum used a slower drum beat to keep time with the songs. I actually enjoyed slowing the drumbeat down.

Some people like a faster "peppier" drum beat to dance to and think a slower drumbeat is,...
        11-06-2006, 01:17 AM
      • WhoMe
        Gourd Dance at NMAI
        by WhoMe
        MEMORIAL DAY GOURD DANCE

Saturday, May 24, 2008, 12 to 5 p.m.

Potomac Atrium, National Museum of the American Indian, Washington, D.C.

Hosted by the Black Creek Gourd Society, Window Rock, Arizona.

Host Drum: Intertribal Veterans Association...
        03-16-2008, 06:57 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X