Texas Kiowa Tia Piah Society Benefit Powwow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Kiowa Tia Piah Society Benefit Powwow

I would like to extend an invitation to all Gourd Dancers,to come join us at our Society Benefit Powwow.The date is Febuary 7th,2004,at the North Crowley High School Cafeteria...8700 So. Hulen St,Crowley Texas.We have this dance listed on the Powwow calender..at PowWows.com..
    I hope to see a good showing of PowWows.com members..
    sigpicWe spend a lifetime worrying about if we make a difference....Marines don't have that problem.

I don't care for the Texas Kiowa Tiah-piah using the Tiah-piah background. At one time it was started with a purpose and that purpose has long since gone. Cliff Queton is doing nothing but exploiting that name for his own purpose. It has not operated under its by-laws for almost 10 years now. Cliff Queton is not the Kiowa elder that he portrays himself to be to all the new following that he has there. As an old member of this organization it is my belief that this society should be dissolved.

Comment

hmmmmm....interesting...Cliff is a current headsman for both Kiowa Tia Piah and Texas Kiowa Tia Piah....it seems there are people who disagree with your opinion....and that is all I am going to say about this matter......
      sigpicWe spend a lifetime worrying about if we make a difference....Marines don't have that problem.

Comment

Hmmmmm is right

Anomndn: Care to explain yourself more?

Comment

I haven't been to the Crowley Powwow in years. When is the annual powwow and who is the head staff? I'd like to make it down there sometime.
          If life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life; let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!

Comment

What are some of the other local dances around D/FW? I know alot of dances, especially non-competition and just down-home local dances don't get put up in the calendar on Powwows.com.
            If life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life; let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!

Comment

The annual dance is the first weekend of May....friday and saturday.....we are currently working on the staff for that dance..so I do not have any info for you now.It would be good seeing you there.

a better listing of local dances can be found at dallaspowwow.com we have several dances scheduled in the next month..AIC Benefit on Jan 31,in Euless....Texas Kiowa Tia Piah Benefit on Feb 7, Thunder Alliance on Feb 14 at Richland College,and the Univ of Texas at Arlington on Feb 28....at the UTA campus...
              if you want to know of other dances..the Dallas powwow site will be a good source...Thanks

Comment

My brother is the MC for next week's benefit pow-wow. I wish that I could make it, but I gotta work.
                Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Peacekeeper83

Hey Peacekeeper83,This is one of the Color guard,are we on for tommorow,is this closed session gourd dance or???
                  I am one who gave you the coin.....just so you know who I am
                  Tehan,
                  Red Headed Kiowa

Comment

Hey...we are on for the color guard..bring your stuff...Arbie Littlesoldier called and has the others on notice too...and Daniel is bringing up some flags he got off ft hood..

Whats with the Tehan thing?...LOL...figured you of all peeps would use a more suitable name for yourself...LOL...remember Tehan was as white as the belly of a frog...LOL

Comment

I respect Cliff Queton, and every chance I get to attend the Texas Tiah Piah annual, I'll do so.

I'm a member of the Kiowa Gourd Clan and the Kiowa Tiah Piah, just like my great-grandfather was.

I've seen first hand the effort the Queton family has made in keeping the Gourd Dance, and I'm proud to dance at their annuals.

Good job, Queton family!
                      Scott Zotigh
                      Kiowa Black Leggings
                      Kiowa Gourd Clan
                      Kiowa Tiah Piah
                      Kiowa Marine Veterans
                      American Indian Veterans

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X