what is gourd dancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is gourd dancing

k thiz iz prolly the most stupidist question asked but what is gourd dancing can someone pleeze tell me

Guys that dance like this:

It's a Kiowa dance, and it's non-contest. There's a information section on it if you click "Singing and Dancing" right up on that top bar thingy then click the link for Gourd Dancing.

Comment

its a kiowa dance....with gourds, a drum and bunch of kiowas
      :indian2: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME IM FINE:muscles:

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

What he said.

That description beat my picture... my picture didn't show the drums.

Comment

oh ok i was jus wondering thanx 4 da info

Comment

and they like to eat Kidneys raw

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

WHAT KIND OF KIDNEY CAUSE I EAT KIDNEY TOO U KNOW ONLY I FRY MINE I MEAN NOT MINE BUT U KNOW WHAT I MEAN....''LOL

Comment

Maybe they eat Kidney beans raw! Sounds crunchy! :Chatter

Comment

eww raw kidney beans

Comment

Nope, raw beef kidneys (or buffalo, too, on the rare occasion that one of those is made into food). Not just at gourd dances... anytime of day, any season of the year. *lol*

Not one of my picks, but there sure are a lot of other Kiowas who still like those. My guess is they're anything BUT crunchy. :p

Comment

Raw, ok.
                      roasted Kidney ummmmm. But ya have to parboil the pi$$ out of them first or they make thier own gravy when you roast em. If ya know what i mean.
                      My bark is worse than my bite

Comment

mmm mmmm mmm kidNEYYYYY ROAST MMM MMM MMM I THINK IM GONNA EAT SOME KIDNEY NOW ...''LOL

Comment

No no no~RAW RAW Kidney,str8 from the package or whatever they come from.....bowl of raw kidneys and salt...and they like boiled meat....I like boiled meat

Comment

NoW u SaY RaW KiDnEy EwW GrOsS

Comment

And bote. don't forget the bote.
                              Not a real meal down south without that.
                              My bark is worse than my bite

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.