No announcement yet.

Singers does it make you mad when.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singers does it make you mad when.....

Singers does it make you mad when singing Gourd dance and people sing songs out of palce? One time we were sing the first set and the third song threw a guy started the ahpitone song(sp?) It sounded all messed up singing that song right after the calling song.... oh yea and the second song was a song was a middle song. It sounded all out of wack... and to make things even more messed up they started out with a really fast beat.
    give good sing hard and try not to fart infront a fine flat butt babe!

Originally posted by durty-kawdayz49
    Singers does it make you mad when singing Gourd dance and people sing songs out of palce? One time we were sing the first set and the third song threw a guy started the ahpitone song(sp?) It sounded all messed up singing that song right after the calling song.... oh yea and the second song was a song was a middle song. It sounded all out of wack... and to make things even more messed up they started out with a really fast beat.
    __

durtykdaz:

Naw, I am not offended. The farther you get away from the heart of gourd dance country, the more individual singers will have less knowledge of songs and their order. Normally, an experienced head gourd dance singer will start the first couple of songs to set the tone of how he wants the flow to go.

If you were not raised around the drum, then it is easy to be clueless about what song belongs to an individual, family, or gourd society. I have made many mistakes in my lifetime. I am just lucky there were other tolerant people who excused my previous inexperience.

What goes around, comes around.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

You shouldn't get mad anyways. If your getting mad, then you shouldn't be at the drum. I remember one day this Otoe guy was singing with us. He kept starting the same song every time it came around to him. We sang that one song 4 times that afternoon. We just teased and told him it was a good song. In the end, we were still glad he came out to help. Basically, there is only one place to learn. If you get mad and run people off, then how are they going to learn. Don't scold them, Teach them.
      If life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life; let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!

Comment

Originally posted by bqueton
        You shouldn't get mad anyways. If your getting mad, then you shouldn't be at the drum. I remember one day this Otoe guy was singing with us. He kept starting the same song every time it came around to him. We sang that one song 4 times that afternoon. We just teased and told him it was a good song. In the end, we were still glad he came out to help. Basically, there is only one place to learn. If you get mad and run people off, then how are they going to learn. Don't scold them, Teach them.

True that, theres only one way to learn. And thats at the center drum, so you hobbiest singers, throw those tapes away and sit at the center drum, please...lmao
        :indian2: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME IM FINE:muscles:

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X