Back to Grass Dancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Grass Dancing

I used to grass dance when I was younger and with my family. But I have now been on my own for a long time. I have moved away from where I was raised and am living in Washington state now. I have attended a few Pow Wows here but am really isolated for the most part. I honestly don't know how to introduce myself or to who without sounding like an idiot. I want to start dancing again, and teach my sons as well. Any suggestions?

um um well thats kind of hard to help with cuz it just comes naturale to me so i cant realy ay how to help you with greetings and introductions. :29: i guess :D
    Powwows my life style

Comment

Introductions

When I was moving around there for a while I also felt as you did. I found out that I had to just pick myself up and introduce "myself" to others in the area I moved to. I started going to all kinds of Native events and not just the powwows. I attended seminars, lectures, art presentations, meetings, etc. I would seek out the Elders and give them a small gift of tobacco and introduce myself.

So go to the Native Events, seek out the Elders and give them a small gift of tobacco as you introduce yourself and your family to them. And little by little you will get known and make friends and become a part of the Local Native Community.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X