Best Pants for Grass Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Pants for Grass Dance

What are your favorite pants to use for your grass dance outfit? How many folks are using yarn and how many are using ribbon? I have not seen the jumpsuit idea in practice but the vision in my head does not work? This idea was mentioned in a recent post.:)
    Brian

What vision are you getting? It was one of those full length short sleeve painters jumpsuits with a zipper in the front. The yarn was sewn from the sholders into a v shape each side ended at the zipper. On the back it was sewn in a v shape. Then yarn down the legs to the knee. It wrapped around the knee. Then I made front and back aprons on a shoestring. I had seen a hoop dancer who was competeing grass with me had one, and when he went to hoop dance just unzipped it and jumped out. It seemed like a realy simple idea, and made things realy easy.

Comment

nike windbreaker pants with yarn sewn around below the knee always work good for me cause they aren't too hot and you can get them in just about any color to match your outfit.
      " I will now tell of dancing and how many men and women among you have no interest in it. Many of you who dance know the beauty of it, and know that it is the highest form of enjoyment. What evil things you had planned to do, you will not do. You will keep your mind on only the dancing and your body will be well; it will not be fat...whoever dances is never sick as long as he dances. Going to dances is good fun. If someone does not do this, I don't know why he is on earth... While you are alive, you will give homage to the Great Spirit, and you will do favors for others, and then you will enjoy yourself. IF ONE DOES NOT DO THESE THINGS, HE WILL EXPLODE WITHIN HIMSLEF. These three things are the highest in law. Realize this. These things are highest in law.So be it.
      ---(Black Bear, 1976)---

Comment

i mentioned hospital pants in another thread. along with leggings for the outfit. this way all the sweat is mainly on the pants and you can throw them in the wash.
        There are 2 types of people in the world...
        Really stupid people who think they are smart
        and
        Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Poor choice of words but what I think of when I think of a jumpsuit are those things I used to wear up north when I was going to be working outside. The ones I am thinking of don't look very good. What you described sounds like it would work. My son has used the nike style pants but not the hospital pants.

Do you prefer yarn or ribbon? Or should I put that in another post?
          Brian

Comment

I prefer yarn because its thicker and makes it look full instead of thin but I've seen awesome outfits with ribbon fringe too.
            " I will now tell of dancing and how many men and women among you have no interest in it. Many of you who dance know the beauty of it, and know that it is the highest form of enjoyment. What evil things you had planned to do, you will not do. You will keep your mind on only the dancing and your body will be well; it will not be fat...whoever dances is never sick as long as he dances. Going to dances is good fun. If someone does not do this, I don't know why he is on earth... While you are alive, you will give homage to the Great Spirit, and you will do favors for others, and then you will enjoy yourself. IF ONE DOES NOT DO THESE THINGS, HE WILL EXPLODE WITHIN HIMSLEF. These three things are the highest in law. Realize this. These things are highest in law.So be it.
            ---(Black Bear, 1976)---

Comment

picture of jumpsuit grass outfit

The blue outfit on the right is the one made with the painter's jumpsuit.

Comment

i prefer yarn, it is fuller. i tried ribbon but on a fat guy it looks silly, i think.
                There are 2 types of people in the world...
                Really stupid people who think they are smart
                and
                Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Grass Dance Pants???

You guys dance grass and have grass dance outfits and you don't use grass dance pants?? Wat is UP wit dat????

Comment

most of the Grass Dancers I know have sweatpants with a combo of Ribbion and yarn. in the end it looks realy nice. one of the grass Dancers I know used a pair of baggy pants and I think it was ribbion, it looked kinda funny, but it was his first that he did by him self with no help!
                    Dance on the Wild Side of Life!
                    D.A.D.O.F.S. 4Ever
                    or
                    D.A.D.O.G. 4Ever
                    What Ever you do, Never Let up, Never Think of Giving UP!
                    Just Go out And Dance with All of Your Heart!
                    Let's Dance Up a Storm tonight!

Comment

I took an idea from a buddy of mine and used nurse or hospital pants, their thin yet durabe and don't trap alot of heat in them. I don't like tight fitting cloths so their pretty loose on me and they weight pretty much nothing until I put the ribbon around the knees and that added a good 5lbs or so. Now my only problem will be keeping them tied up so I don't bust a move and flash everyone. And I ran my ribbon around straight across the legs instead of diagnle.
                      There should be a law against stupid people being able to breed!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X