Disturbing Trend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disturbing Trend...

I don't know about anyone else, but I've seen a couple of disturbing trends in the grass dance genre.

1. Grass dancers dancing like Fancy Feather Dancers.

2. Not wearing proper (ahem) attire and flashing those of us who wind up seeing more than we bargained for. (This can be said about Norther Tradish, Fancy and Straight dancing as well...what's up with this guys??? Corral that horse!!!) ;)
    I'd rather live on the side of a mountain than to wander through canyons of concrete and steel...

i concurr completely
    There can only be 2 moccasins on your feet at one time...however life has given me many pair...along with a needle, thread and really sharp teeth to cut with...lmao

http://www.myspace.com/anty_tweeb

Comment

Now, I'm not a grass dancer. I'm a Northern Traditional dancer. I haven't seen anyone do this in my neck of the woods, yet. But I was taught you didn't show your legs when dancing. Whether you wear leggings, apron, & shorts or a full apron with sidetabs & shorts, somehow you covered up as much of your legs as possible.
      So, that being said, it seems odd that anyone would 'go regimental', as it were. I mean if you're wearing a full breechcloth, fine. And even though our ancestors didn't have underpants and so on, there are some limits to normal decency, right?

Scott
      Scott

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Quick to judge,
      Quick to anger,
      Slow to understand
      Ignorance and prejudice
      And fear walk hand in hand.
      --Neal Peart(from the song Witch Hunt)

Comment

Re: Disturbing Trend...

Originally posted by wickedannabella
        I don't know about anyone else, but I've seen a couple of disturbing trends in the grass dance genre.

1. Grass dancers dancing like Fancy Feather Dancers.

2. Not wearing proper (ahem) attire and flashing those of us who wind up seeing more than we bargained for. (This can be said about Norther Tradish, Fancy and Straight dancing as well...what's up with this guys??? Corral that horse!!!) ;)
        what do you mean by flashing are the men not wereing any underwear or what or are they just wereing
        there breech cloths or are you just staring if you know what i mean like how can you notice the only way you notice is if your just LOOKING if you know what i mean...
        hey babe

Comment

Disturbing?

LOL....I'm just thinkin back to this one year when we were at Ft. Hall and my sis was checkin out a certain fancy dancer and she was all happy to see him spin in his tight yellow spandex......and she dang near fainted over in pullman when leon old elk showed up in his boxer briefs...of course all da females go nuts over him...Thats how I know chicks are just as bad or even worser than dudes.......Just a droolin away, dang pick ur tounge up off the ground ladies...
          "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

I'm talking about guys who go Um...Natural shall we say and let it ALL hang out?

;)

There was a guy in Milwaukee who was dancing like a feather dancer and was dressed grass style and he would flash all of us. My grandmother at the time covered her face with her fan whenever he came near.

I remember one time when a guy got chased out of the circle by a woman beating him with a lawn chair shouting PUT SOME PANTS ON!!!!

heheheh
            I'd rather live on the side of a mountain than to wander through canyons of concrete and steel...

Comment

Oh...duh!

:D My Bad...I get u now, I can't say i've ever seen such a thing. And this here is the first i've ever heard of dudes goin Au' Natural......How knuckin Futz!
              "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X