Bird Flapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird Flapping

What do you think about the contemporary grass dancera who do a move that resembles a "bird flapping?"

Good or bad?
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

flap, flap-flap, flap-flap-flap, flap

Comment

Bird Flapping? I'm not sure wat your talking about, When I think of moves that resemble bird flapping, I think of Julius Not Affraid, Heres a video
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5qYvSGFvKU&feature=related
      I think thats wat your talking about, but Me personally if it fits the style and looks good. why not? but I guess its all on how you were taught and raised, I guess some people might not like it.
      I dig it though, or should I say Flap it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ego-hut-key View Post
        Bird Flapping? I'm not sure wat your talking about, When I think of moves that resemble bird flapping, I think of Julius Not Affraid, Heres a video
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5qYvSGFvKU&feature=related
        I think thats wat your talking about, but Me personally if it fits the style and looks good. why not? but I guess its all on how you were taught and raised, I guess some people might not like it.
        I dig it though, or should I say Flap it. lol
        Its just that, for the most part, the arm flapping was not seen in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s. It's a new thing. Or at least in its extreme form. Nowadays certain dancers just flap around, the put the emphasis on the flapping and disregard the core movements of the dance style.

flap-flap

Comment

My brother says it the best: there's no school like the old school.
          Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.