Fringe Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fringe Question

Okay, we have been away from the powwow circuit for about 8 years. My now 9 year old wants to go back to attending. He has decided he want to grass dance. I am curious about how the times have changed. Do you see more grass dancers using yarn, ribbon, or the same fringe we use for shawls? What is your suggestion?

Yarn.
    "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

Originally posted by Furiously-Fancy View Post
      Yarn.
      That's what I am used to. I was just curious if the trend has moved on. Thanks for your imput. It is very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Furiously-Fancy View Post
        Yarn.
        yarn

Comment

Yay! Two for yarn.

Comment

I prefer chainette/ shawl fringe. I do however usualy use some yarn as well. There is another thread in the grassdance forum all about this. It is called "Grass dance fringe" I beleive. I hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by keeler View Post
              I prefer chainette/ shawl fringe. I do however usualy use some yarn as well. There is another thread in the grassdance forum all about this. It is called "Grass dance fringe" I beleive. I hope this helps
              Thanks. I am still trying to navigate my way around here. I didn't see it. Now that I found the part where it shows ALL topics, I do see it.

Comment

It's linked in the FAQ as well.
                Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

Ribbon on the top is cool. And then yarn for the bottoms with some ribbon for accent.

I can't get used to the "shredded" cloth though.
                  ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X