tying yarn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tying yarn

I am having a hard time tying the yarn on my little guys regalia. Anyone have an easy way of tying it?? I am attempting this for the first time. any help would be great. I can be e-mailed at [email protected]. Thanks Eh!!

So did anyone answer this or not? I'm interested in finding out too.
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

1)take a shoe lace and tie it at 1 end of a chair and then the other end of a chair (always keep it tight/no slack)
      2)cut ur pices of fring from yarn (dependds on how long u want it)
      3)fold 1 peice of yarn in half
      4(place the yarn on the shoe lace and the ned the in half
      5)u will h ave 1 side wear it makes a loop and the other that has the 2 end peices lose
      6)take the 2 lose ends and put it threw the loop and pull tight
      7)push all the way to 1 end
      8)repeat untill u finish the shoe lace
      tips-
      *always keep the lace tight
      *always keep the yarn tight also
      *i find the 2-3 rows work great,the more yarn u use the more "fuller" your outfit looks

hope it works

-mike
      hi............
      bye...........

Comment

Thanks.. so then how do you sew it on? Do you sew it between two pieces of material?

Sorry but I have girls!
        "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

1)make a seem on the 2 peices of fabric your using(front and back)
          2)sew THE SHOE LACE NOT THE FRING to the matrial (must be sandwhiched inbetween front and back

-mike
          hi............
          bye...........

Comment

Miigwetch !!!!!So much help and just made my life easier

Comment

ummm or you could just whip stich it on with the same color as your yarn?
              There should be a law against stupid people being able to breed!

Comment

Re: tying yarn

Originally posted by joshandleesmom
                I am having a hard time tying the yarn on my little guys regalia. Anyone have an easy way of tying it?? I am attempting this for the first time. any help would be great. I can be e-mailed at [email protected]. Thanks Eh!!

What the ex would always do is to decide how long we wanted the yarn, then double it over.

Then she would just place the doubled yarn strands between the two pieces of cloth (up by about an inch), tuck under the cloth edges to make the seam and start sewing.

On my son's first grass outfit, the cloth was sewn first, then the yarn was fabric glued on the underside of the cloth yoke, aprons and side drops. This worked for 7 or so years until adding longer yarn couldn't compensate any longer for his height, when he got his 2nd of 3 grass outfits.

Tim
                DANCING IS EVERYTHING!!!!

I love my tipi's. I'll never be homeless with them.

History is written by the winners.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X