Goose Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goose Fan

Recently, I received a goose wing fan as a gift at a competition I went to. being new, I am unsure how to properly care for it. some of the feather tips are starting to get frayed. what should i do?

Goose feathers are usually pretty easy to are for. Usually stroking the feather between your thumb and finger is enough to bring the vane in line. You could try steaming it with a tea kettle as well - boiling some cedar in the water will also protect the feather (bugs generally don't care fore the oils in cedar, thus cedar closets).
    Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Care for goose fan

My feathers are all eagle but but care for the feathers is pretty universal. If the feathers should get severely frayed or dirty, you can wash them in warm water and shampoo. I don't recommend soaking a whole wing because the moisture cause decomposition. You can blow dry the feathers after washing and preen them between your fingers to zip them back up. I have fixed several damaged feathers that were given to me with this method.
        Niin sa, Chi anung

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X