interesting......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting......

hey everyone.....i read this in a book and i thought i'd share it witchu.....

"listen to me," his grandmother says. "the grassdancers were always the first ones in the old ways. Theyre not first anymore, but before, they would dance on the tall grass and knock it down, make it flat enough for the other dancers. thats why grassdancers move the way they do. even if theres no grass, they have to pretend there is. stomp the grass down when you dance. but remember, you have to fool the grass too. you have to sneak up on it, you have to look like grass, move like grass, smell like grass. thats why grassdancers look like they do."

:)
    Last edited by *sHaRoN*; 10-07-2003, 04:03 PM.
    its a shame that stupidity isnt painful

kool very kool what book was that.... would be nice to read it 1 day
    hi............
    bye...........

Comment

Yes, Very Cool.

That is cool.

One could say that it is the true statement of an Elder teaching one about the Grass Dance.

And even if it is written down and or documented it is still cool.

It is just one of the many teachings of a Elder. It does not mean that it is the only one or the correct one or the wrong - it is one of many. A great reason to respect and listen to the Elders.

Comment

Originally posted by post182eastern-trad
        kool very kool what book was that.... would be nice to read it 1 day

the book is "indian killer" by sherman alexie;)
        its a shame that stupidity isnt painful

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X