Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antenna Fluffs

Good Afternoon all,

First off would like to say happy mothers day to all the mothers and have a good one today. I have a question about making antenna fluffs for my sons grass dance outfit? Is there any one that can give me a couple pointers on how to do this?

Thanks for the help in advance!!

I see some dancers use a bike brake cable line for the antenna with fake feather fluffs.
    Asema Is Sacred
    Traditional Use, Not Misuse
    Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
    OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

Originally posted by desertnuwu View Post
      Good Afternoon all,

First off would like to say happy mothers day to all the mothers and have a good one today. I have a question about making antenna fluffs for my sons grass dance outfit? Is there any one that can give me a couple pointers on how to do this?

Thanks for the help in advance!!
      the ones around here use thin, long springs and attach it to the feathers onto the roach

Comment

A friend of mine makes them with piano wire.....not sure how he attaches them.
        I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
        It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Instrument wire, like piano wire or thick bass guitar string (.145ga used for the B in a 5 string bass), is great because it consists of a corrosion resistant wire wrapped around a solid core. Instrument wire is also designed to flex and bend a bit. Most are either brass or nickle coated and are fairly light.

I've heard of others using solid wire stock from hardware stores but unless it's coated they will corrode (rust) easily.

I like the idea of brake cable too - never thought of it before.
          CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
          sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Antenna fluffs

Thanks for all the help!!... i'm going to try and use the bass guitar string. I was told they work great and now need to learn how to attach the fluffs. Is there any other suggestions on this, your help is greatly appreciated and respected.

Thanks again in advance.

Comment

Fluffs

Make a small loop with needle nose pliers this helps keep the Louis from falling put some fluffs on the loop with hot glue.put more below that bunch and more below that bunch.glue the second and third row of fluffs and on the bottom of the last row. Get leather and florettes and thread. Make a florette design and at the bottom of the florette work wrap thread.boom there ya go.
              Life is what you make it.
              Remember to all ways smile no matter how your day is. All ways remember your relatives and annsesters.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X