Template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template?

Please bare with me and nice :) Does anyone have a template for grass dancer outfits? I know its best to do it by cutting it out, but for a rough draft, I'd love to plan my idea out on a computer first

There is no template. Go to the Gallery, look at the Grass Dance outfits, then create your own.

Some people can cut out their designs on brown paper bags, I use three engineering rulers, circle templates, compasses, protractors and triangles just to draw a straight line.

Good luck.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

I think using the compass may be why you're having trouble drawing that straight line....

Comment

No , that has to do with dating snakes !
        I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
        It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

I thought when you all were talking bout water mocassins that one time, it was cause JD was dancing on water like NDN Jeezus in some red mocs...

< this is JD right?
          When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

This image might help you with some of the layout - compliments of our good friends at the BSA Order of the Arrow! Hint: paper grocery bags are great for making patterns - tape them together in a big sheet and start mocking up your outfit! Also - my mom makes a lot of ribbon shirts for my dad and often starts with a plain button up shirt from the store. I've done the same for a friend or two who needed a grass rig quick. Finding matching pants can be a trick though!

An easy way to attach fringe can be found at this link

You can also buy a pattern for around $10 from various retailers such as Crazy Crow

Originally posted by MsRachel View Post
            Please bare with me and nice :) Does anyone have a template for grass dancer outfits? I know its best to do it by cutting it out, but for a rough draft, I'd love to plan my idea out on a computer first
            Last edited by sookout sh'nob; 03-11-2016, 12:11 PM. Reason: broken image
            Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X