Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attaching the antennae to the roach

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    New to Grass Dancing so please bear with me. How do you attach the antenae to the roach? Also how long should the be?
    Thanks alot
    Jerry

gjjudd is uer last name judd cause mine is too
    say this out loud 5 times fast(I AM SOFA KING WE TODD ED)

laughter is the most powerful thing in the world

Comment

well i use a metal spreader.. just a regulat tradtionla 2 socket spreader.... and then i just glue then use bustel tape

also i use gbass strings and about how long is up to u...

mine are about 7 8 '' each.. hope this helps

-mike
      hi............
      bye...........

Comment

Jerry-

Try attatching your feathers' quill to a strong spring. You can do this by gluing and then wrapping the whole thing with sinew. It is best to get a spring (or shape the spring) so that it fits around the quill snugly. If you have those little sockets on your base, you won't need ot do anything else because the socket will hide what is there. (I have low sockets, so I have my quills and spring wrapped in ribbon and beaded as well.)

I attatch the spring to my spreader or base by sewing it. You can use either sinew for this or a small guage wire (or both). Mark and drill your holes ahead of time - MEASURE ONCE CUT TWICE! Making a new spreader/base is hard work.
        Mii iw keyaa ezhi-ditibiseyaan

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• doya dalonige
          Questions
          by doya dalonige
          I have two questions; First, I got a new roach and my spreader is smaller than the roach base, How do I remedy that without hurting the roach? Second, I have a belt I made that has brass tacks and mirrors. The tacks form seven(7) diamond shapes along the belt and inside these diamonds are seven(7) mirrors....
          02-13-2009, 04:33 PM
        • pow-wow person
          head roach for tradish outfit
          by pow-wow person
          Trying to find out how to hook up a roach for a little northern traditional dancer, but have never done it before. We are using latigo for the spreader and two medicine bottles for the feathers, now what is an easy way to get it done? with details. The boy is only 2 years old so he still has short braids,...
          04-05-2008, 07:00 PM
        • alumphfres
          Roach - Headgear Help
          by alumphfres
          Mitakuye oyasin

For the last 10 years, I've always secured my roach with my warriors braid. Alas, got a haircut, no warriors braid or any braids for that matter. Need a link to resource(s) to adapt current roach to one with headband while I grow my mane back out.
          07-08-2004, 10:41 PM
        • Sonny Arm In Trout
          Roach attachment
          by Sonny Arm In Trout
          I have never worn a roach before. I am wanting to know how to attach the roach to the head. I know that it can be done using 2 scalp locks held with pins, but what about the German silver spreaders. Tell mw how this works? How is the feather attached to the spreader and how does the spreader stay...
          12-29-2002, 06:15 PM
        • doya dalonige
          Roach & Spreader
          by doya dalonige
          Okay, now this is going to sound silly or stupid to some of you. I've been Gourd dancing for about 20 years and now I'm getting into Straight dancing. After making most all my regalia myself I was ready to get a roach made to match my regalia. After a couple of years and ALOT of money ( I was scamed)...
          10-02-2008, 05:57 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X