dead song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• ticocreek
    Honor beats and the last step?
    by ticocreek
    hey girls....it's been awhile since I've danced and am getting back into it. Anyhow, my questions are:
    1) how do you recognize an honor beat and what are you supposed to do during it, and
    2) how do you anticipate the last drum beat so that you can stop with that beat? Obviously, we don't...
    10-04-2007, 06:09 AM
  • WhoMe
    Composing So. Songs
    by WhoMe
    Have you ever composed a song?

Did this song ever get sung at a powwow?

How and where did you get the inspiration from?

Did you put it on a recorder to save it?

Did you add words to it?

Was it an intertribal or specialty song?...
    07-06-2006, 01:16 PM
  • Historian
    Smoke Song Starts - Then What?
    by Historian
    My question is: What to do when a "Smoke Song" is sung during a formal Hethushka Dance Ceremony?

I had learned from Ponca men such as Harry Buffalohead, Joe Rush, Sylvester Warrior, and Abe Conklin, that the smoke song was originally sung in ancient times as a prelude to all...
    09-01-2004, 07:50 PM
  • BLAZIN'OJIB
    A.I.M. Song
    by BLAZIN'OJIB
    This subject came up in an other thread...I just thought it would be interesting to hear where this song came from....so anyone that knows anything about this song, please share your thoughts and comments...lets here about the origin and so on.

Aho.
    09-18-2003, 06:16 PM
    Song Dedications
    by Guest
    Just wanted to hear from the horses mouths up here..."How are songs normally dedicated to people and families?"

I've heard that sometimes a group/committee may ask the Host Drum in advance about doing something like this. Has it ever happened where a song came to someone and...
    09-19-2003, 12:36 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X